Subject Author Posted Replies

C-R-M - what happened?
I haven't been checking over here to often since all the spamming that occurred several montha ago. What happened to the alternate forum? Following link doesn't seem to work.
7
7

DESIGN AN INTELLIGENT ROBOT
I want to make a robot which got controlled using remode technology. And try to make it from nuero technology for intelligent image processing with some of digital sensors like the motion detector...

technical term for measuring of human gaits ?
I'm wondering what is the technical term for measuring of human gaits - like the timing, distance of swinging a leg, angle of rotation of joints, etc., for legged robots. Is there a database of this...
4
4

hacked steppers, servos, DC motors into something else ?
Hello everyone! I'm curious to see if anyone has hacked steppers, servos, or other DC motors to make something a little different than the original intention. (I know about converting a servo to...
3
3

steppers and DC motors as cheapo encoders ?
I'm starting to accumulate quite a few DC motors and steppers from old printers & scanners, etc. Does anyone have examples of using them as cheapo encoders ? For example, sometimes all I need to know...
2
2

wire up standard steppers as regular motors ?
This ought to be good for some laughs from a few of you, but I am serious in asking the question: Is there a way to wire up standard stepper (4, 5, or 6 wire) motors so they can be driven...
10
10

rs232 temperature data read into PC , want to send as email
I am reading in some temperature sensor data, via RS232 (actually converted to USB via a CP2102 ), approx every hour into a Windows XP PC. It reads fine into Windows Hyperterminal. I want to be able...
4
4

FPGA beginner video guide review, plus "what is an FPGA"
Hi all, A little while ago I announced in comp-dot-robotics the Getting Started With Xilinx FPGAs Video Guide. Clive (Max) Maxfield has now done a blog on them at something for FPGA Newbies...Video #2...

Driving stepper motors / schematic comprehension help
Hi all... I'm a software guy trying to learn the ropes of electronics. I have the goal of controlling a stepper motor using my PC parallel port to create +5v control signals. Shouldn't be that hard,...
12
12

Q fr journalist: state-of-the-art robotics
Hi. I'm a Swedish science journalist preparing an article about state- of-the-art robotics. Any tips of where I can find ground-breaking work done in this field? Best regards Svante
4
4

To select a Servo motor
I am an engineering student , as i am doing project . for which i require a Servo Motor to be used in my project , i am unable to select the suitable servomotor which is required to rotate a weight of...
1
1

Ceramic Gyroscope
Hi, Does anybody know where to get tolkin CG-16D or CG-43D, CG-53D gyros in the UK? Or something similar (something that can be PCB mounted) Many Thanks. Martin

AIMind - Win32Forth
Yes, but things are getting much trickier now. In the subject-verb-object (SVO) sequence, a (direct) object in the AI knowledge base may not have an associated verb and downstream object to keep the...
1
1

non-human humanoid robot designs links ?
To springboard off a topic that Gordon inspired ... Anyone know of any links/photos of non-human humanoid robot designs out there ? Would love to see them! Even artwork . ( Sci American has a cool...
3
3

Coding4Fun portal at Microsoft
I just discovered the Coding4Fun portal (?) at Microsoft. There is an article in the Hardware section on Image Acquisition using an old Logitech webcam using VB or C#. Pretty cool! There are other...
2
2