Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing MindForth in a robot
I'd like to see it WORK on a computer before thinking about integrating it into a robot... I have a few ideas on "AI Mind", dealing with opposites and circles.. the great thing about circles is there...
9
9

Ultrasonic Rangefinding
Hi, I have Implement the two circuit for Ultrasonic rangefinder described at 2002MAR08_RFD_DA_AN.pdf Two individual circuit works fine, when individual (each 5v 1.5 amp) power supply are connected to...

Using an electronic compass for small navigational robot.
I've been building a small navigational robot that (so far crudely) maps it's environment on the fly. To help eliminate drift where the robots path bends slightly instead of driving straight, I...
1
1

DARPA Vehicles & R/C Rover with Surveillance Video Camera Demo
Pls post comments -- much appreciated! Rover with Wireless Surveillance Video Camera, custom built by a = team of experts from Cal State Long Beach Engineering Technology. =20 The Rover will be...
1
1

Need help reaching critical mass
Knock knock. Just checking in. I guess we're still at the subcritical multiplication stage? (Nuc joke) s/ an embedded firmware and dabbler in hardware type
4
4

Floppy disks and floppy drives.
Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing). Was...
2
2

Can MindForth AI feel emotions?
From the rewrite-in-progress of the AI User Manual Can MindForth feel emotions? When a robot is in love, it needs to feel a physiological response to its internal state of mind. Regardless of what...
3
3

Conference on Human-Robot Personal Relationships
1st International Conference on Human-Robot Personal Relationships Maastricht University, The Netherlands June 12-13, 2008 Announcement Call for papers Within the fields of Human-Computer Interaction...

BASIC Stamp 2 clones / inexpensive alternatives? (pref. same features, works with BOE)
Those are good for a first step, but not targeting volume usage. There are plenty of uC out there, with good development systems. Up to around 8-32K, you can expect tools to be essentially free. The...
7
7

3D Scan Repository for Benchmarking Robotic Algorithms
Dear Colleagues, Since 2003, "Radish: The Robotics Data Set Repository" offers standard data sets for the robotics community. Since then it provided a very good basis for comparing algorithms for,...

Anyone Needing a 68HC11 Based Microcontroller?
I'm switching to a new project with new needs. I have a Mekatronix MRC-11 which is 68HC11 based. You can look at the information at: have it with all the memory, the MB2325 serial board ready to go. I...

Line Follower
Actually I am doing a project in which a robot follows a line and i am a beginner in this field having a very little idea .......... can anyone help me out for the same?????????? thanks in advance...
1
1

CFP: Special Session on Biologically Inspired Robotics
ISORA 2008 Call for Papers Special Session on Biologically Inspired Robotics The 12th International Symposium on Robotics and Applications of the World Automation Congress (WAC 2008) 28 September - 2...
1
1

Hacking the Psyclone Tilt Sense Controller?
I am noticing a surplus of the Psyclone tilt sense controller for the Sony PS2 showing up on sale sites. Is this controller worthy of hacking for parts for robotics? Thanks TMT
4
4

I want to build a robot
I always wanted to build a robot. What do I need? I don't want to use crap like Lego MindStorm or such. I'm also learning programming so it should be easy. my email: but don't write me, please
4
4