Subject Author Posted Replies

Algernon version 1.0.0 source released
The source code for version 1.0.0 of Algernon ( is now released and available for download ().Algernon is a subsumption architecture for the Simbad robot simulator (

Hand soldering fine pitch components on your proto PCB
Hi all, I've just finished constructing a new site that has web videos of how to hand solder fine pitch components, such as microcontrollers or FPGAs in quad-flat-packs etc. Very handy to know when...
1
1

IIT Bombay ,Techfest 2008 ,
Hello, Techfest 2008 , IIT Bombay's Annual Science and Technology Festival, is back with new coding competitions. *Blitzkrieg (Prize money USD 250),* online coding competition Knock Out! (Prize money...

eBay: Adept Cobra 800 robotic system

CFP: The 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Automation and Control
The 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Automation and Control (ISIAC 2008) will be held on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, 28 September through 2...

help calculating velocity up a ramp
OK, I built a spreadsheet but the numbers just don't seem right. Is there a way I can post the spreadsheet or email to someone to take a look? Thanks! Jeff D Herr
2
2

Lifting
Could anyone suggest a good way to pick up a possibly 4-5lb 30cm plexiglass box (no inside, only 4 walls)?
13
13

C-R-M: OT: some of my posts are getting canceled ...
I've noticed that some of my posts are getting canceled. What the heck's up with that ? Could it be the sporger ?I noticed that one of Si Ballenger's messages went away, too. Is anyone else seeing...
3
3

PVC Enclosures
Hi, I'm making a case for an embedded PC and am looking at using a 10mm thiick PVC sheet I have. I've heard rumours that PVC can store charge and so isn't ideal for an enclosure. Would I be better...
5
5

Evolution in the Nanoworld
This week, scientists publish images resolving molecules which have organized themselves into patterns according to sizeThe automatic molecular assembly and selection steps exhibited by the molecules,...
1
1

Tool Bit for V-Belt Pulleys
A Few Questions: I recently made a v-belt pulley but with some difficulty because I had trouble setting up a 20 degree angle on the inside surface closest the lathe head. I suppose I could turn the...
4
4

Serious Question Here About Robotics
Vanderbilt University is working on a prosthetic arm project that will give the arm extra strength using a canister. In this canister hydrogen peroxide reacts with iridium nuggets releasing 450...
10
10

Converting softwares
Hi Everybody, Is there any free converter available to convert a CNC (G-Code or M- Code) program to ABB or KUKA robot programs? Regards, Robot110

Mars Exploration Rover Update - November 6, 2007
UPDATE: Opportunity Descends Deeper into "Victoria Crater" - sol 1322-1328, Nov 05, 2007: After successfully maneuvering into position and collecting additional scientific data from the top layer of...

how do QRIO's touch sensors work?
I've just read an interesting bit about how much more engaging kids found a QRIO robot when it reacted to touches on its head, arms, and hands. Here's a video: And here's the story: My question is:...
6
6