Subject Author Posted Replies

Mars Exploration Rover Update - November 5, 2007
UPDATE: Opportunity Studies Rock Composition and Changes in Atmosphere - sol 1316-1321, Nov 05, 2007: Though atmospheric dust has returned to nearly pre-dust storm levels, Opportunity's solar arrays...

Web controlled robot
Hi all. Just after a bit of a pointer. I have a robot with serial comms. I have an SBC running linux redhat 6.2 and appache web server. The robot uses a few pics for control. hooked up to one main...
5
5

The New Vex Robotics System
I see that the new Vex robotics system is now out....has anyone gotten it and could we get a review of it? Thanks TMT
1
1

CMU wins the DARPA Urban Challenge
A vehicle designed by Carnegie Mellon University has been declared the winner of the DARPA Urban Challenge: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071104/tc_nm/robotrace_dc_1
1
1

new pictures gallery
new pictures gallery

Cost of linear actuators
I have an application where I have to move a 3 lb object in a 3 ft cubic space. I am not looking at high performance or high accuracy. It can take as much as 30 seconds to traverse the 3 ft distance...
10
10

Mars Exploration Rover Update - November 1, 2007
UPDATE: Opportunity Studies "Bathtub Ring" In "Victoria Crater" - sol 1301-1308, Nov 01, 2007: Opportunity is healthy, with energy levels ranging from about 450 watt-hours to 475 watt-hours (100...
1
1

displaying analog sensors data on a pc
Hello, I have written much software for embedded processors but not for the pc for about 10 years. (I'm really a electronic engineer.) I have a stream of ASCII data (CSV data ) from some analog...
15
15

Mars Exploration Rover Update - October 29, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Studies of Rocks on "Home Plate" - sol 1343-1347, October 29, 2007: Spirit is healthy and continues to investigate "Home Plate." After completing extensive studies of "Site 3"...
7
7

Looking for the name on a concept AKA Do "reverse data loggers" exist?
Hello all, I am a chemical researcher looking to find out what the heck is the name of a piece of equipment. I work all the time with data loggers, some of which are very small and reasonably priced....
15
15

Slowing Down
Man, traffic in this group has really slowed down. I wonder Why? Joe McKibben
6
6

Cognitive System Theory and Natural Knowledge: Workshop 18-20 Jan 2008
Seminar/Workshop: COGNITIVE SYSTEM THEORY & NATURAL KNOWLEDGE Organiser: Peter Burton [ ] Location: Academie Cusanus, Bressanone/SudTyrol, Italy [ ] Time: 18-20 January 2008 Participants: 30-40...

ARCS-08 Call for papers
Call for papers The 2008 International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Control Systems (ARCS-08) (website: ) will be held during July 7-10 2008 in Orlando, FL, USA. We invite draft paper...

Robot or Kit
I have been looking for a small robot or kit that can do the following: Detect an edge and turn around and go in a random direction when it finds one. Do the same when it hits and object or can't move...
7
7

Noob help please with remote pan controller
Hello group, I'm a hardware hacker from way back starting with the Amiga and recently decided to get back into tinkering with electronics. I have bought a PIC programmer and have just started to learn...
5
5