Subject Author Posted Replies

Small vacuum cups, and alternative vacuum sources
I'm in the market for some small (~1" dia), soft vacuum cups with a decent degree of bellows to them (say, 25-50% compression), and having the dickens of a time finding any w/o resorting to industrial...
1
1

Inverse perspective mapping
Inverse perspective mapping Does anyone know about good website / material for explanation of this algorithm? And, any ready matlab / C++ code of it? Also, any clue of how good / how much error does...

long range video transfer
Hi How to do long range (1km) real time video transfer? thanks from Peter (
1
1

Fanuc Robots using IGS file
Has anyone been able to download an IGS file to a Fanuc robot, and have the robot move to dimensions from the file?
2
2

Sharing my robot: an 18 DOF hexapod
Hi there - I figured I should share my robot with the masses. A while ago I made a website for it that documents a large amount of the work I did on it. It is a little out of date now, but not...

New Robotics Website: www.amazingrobotics.com
Well it has been a long time coming, but its time to finally announce my web site: was hoping to have everything perfect, but it seems to be a continuous work in progress, so here it is - good and...
13
13

DC Motor Controller Problem
I am trying to meke a Robot which can make a 360 rotation with 4 motors. I am trying to make backward motors and forward motors act simultaneously . But when I do that then battery gets short circuit...
1
1

Connecting microcontroller and pda with USB
Hello, is it possible to connect a pda, as a Palm, with a microcontroller using the usb port on the pda and a usb-to-serial conversion circuit on the micro?
9
9

Toolbox for simulation of viewing 3D object from different angle
Toolbox for simulation of viewing 3D object from different angle Hi Does anyone know if there is software which can view object from different angle? As if we are viewing an object in real 3D...
5
5

Stepper motor question
1) I have a stepper motor in mind : 'm guessing since it has 6 wires that it has 2 coils. But should that not mean it has 4 phases. Why do they list it as a "2 phase stepper motor"? 2) The motor above...
9
9

Cappuccino TX3 mini computer fan name ?
I have a Cappuccino TX3 mini computer I bought for use in a robot a couple of years ago. Recently I accidently crushed the little fan in the thing and replaced that with one from my junk box. It looks...

stereo calibration
Hi, I am looking for the formulas to convert a stereo calibration focal length obtained in pixels (using Matlab calibration toolbox) to its equivalent in mm? Thanks in advance. P.Lambert

NASA Extends Operations for Its Long-Lived Mars Rovers
Oct. 15, 2007 Dwayne Brown Headquarters, Washington 202-358-1726 Guy Webster Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. 818-354-6278 RELEASE: 07-208 NASA EXTENDS OPERATIONS FOR ITS LONG-LIVED MARS...
5
5

Solid State Relays
So I'm a 100% newbie to electronics. However, I know what I want, but don't understand the terminology of relays. So here is my story: I am building a pinball machine and I need to use a relay for two...
7
7

CMU CAM 3
Hey, Has anyone seen this new CMU Cam? Has any one used it? What did you think of it? Joe McKibben