Subject Author Posted Replies

Applications for 6D-SLAM
Hi, there are many sensors and SLAM-algorithms that create 2D maps of the environment. Stereo cameras, Range finders and titlable laser scanners provide distance data for the complete 3d scene. I am...
2
2

PICkit 2 as USB demo board.
Hi, Recently we bought small size programmer for PIC processors from Microchip Inc. - PICkit 2. We did some experiments with it, trying to use it as USB demo board. And we published article about...

Mobile and autonomous robots in industry
Dear folks, when we hear about mobile and autonomous robots, we always get information about their use in leisure with entertainment robots such as Aibo and so forth, then we also get a lot of...

Windows Based LED Controller
I'm trying to track down a Windows LED Controller. USB, Serial Parallel or whatever. I need it to be able to be controlled by Windows 95/W2K/or XP software. It will need to be able to drive 24...
3
3

C.R.M OpenCV
Anyone have much experience with opencv? My previous work has been with camera-specific API, i thought id give this a look and maybe use it on my onboard PC for visual servoing.
5
5

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 27, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Arrives at "Stratigraphic Wonderland" - sol 1321-1328, September 27, 2007: Spirit completed the rover's longest 5-wheel drive to date en route to a platy rock surface nicknamed "Texas...

C-R-M: pretty cool hexapod video ...
Pretty cool hexapod face tracking video. Very slick! ! JCD "i.c. Hexapod" interacts with people by following them around. If his gaze is held long enough, he takes a picture and uploads it to a...
12
12

Opportunity Reaches First Target Inside Crater
Reaches First Target Inside Crater Jet Propulsion Laboratory September 26, 2007 PASADENA, Calif. -- NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity has reached its science team's first destination for the...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 25, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Makes Progress Across "Home Plate" - sol 1315-1320, September 25, 2007: Spirit is healthy after finishing a remote sensing campaign at Site 2 on "Home Plate." The work included...

Loctite Disolver ?
Today I almost destroyed a nice stepper motor trying to remove a gear - only to realize that it had some form of Loctite on it because I noticed a pink powder like residue on the shaft and the bore of...
2
2

September HBRC (San Jose area) meeting
All: The September meeting of the Home Brew Robotics clubs (San Jose California area) will be taking place at the Anybots facility in Mt. View and *not* Carnegie-Mellon West facility in the NASA...

Robotics camp...
Hi, I am going to be running a robotics camp for kids 14-16. Was wondering what type of kits you guys know of that will take the kids about a week to put together, figuring about 3 hours/day, so a...
10
10

Questions about designing a safety mat
Most robotic industries use safety mats inside the physical barrier for safety purposes. I know there are commercial ones that you can buy, but I was wondering can we design a safety mat in such a way...
6
6

Plans for robotic arm
I'm new to robotics hobby, I'd like to try and build a robotic arm that ideally I'd control using C programming language, arm connected to my pc via serial (or maybe) USB cable. But I'm finding it...
4
4

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 18, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Explores Top of "Home Plate" - sol 1309-1314, September 18, 2007: After spending some time getting used to the terrain on top of "Home Plate," Spirit began driving across the top of the...