Subject Author Posted Replies

Diggin' the NXT
A month or two ago, I got a LEGO Mindstorms NXT kit. Since then, I've learned how to use the NXC programming environment (a free multitasking language based on C). Also in the last few months, I've...

CRM- trying to find a few snippets of info on industrial manips
Can anyone point me to information on the the update rates of the control systems on modern industrial manipulators or their control hardware? I'm currently working with an old PUMA at 36Hz through...

Amatuer Roboticist
Something I wanted to Do but never had the money to do is taking an electrically assisted sail plane. Lighten the core as much as possible then use film solar cells on the wings and BEAM...
3
3

Opportunity Rover Begins Sustained Exploration Inside Victoria Crater
Begins Sustained Exploration Inside Crater Jet Propulsion Laboratory September 13, 2007 NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity finished the last step of a test in-and-out maneuver checking wheel...

My new robot
'm surprised by how good looking it turned out. Amazing what a combination of aluminum and plastic can look like. Danh
10
10

C-R-M: $30 million for putting a robot on the moon
Google will give you $30 million if you can put a robot on the moon: interested in teaming up on this? I can build the robot if you can supply a launch vehicle and lander.
3
3

C-R-M Other methods of discussion...
I'd just found this group and was interested in what people had to say, nice to find like-minded individuals, and then this sporgery went nuts and its spoiled it. Are there any other online forums of...
21
21

Photos of DeVilbiss robots
Dear all, I am now looking for a few pictures of the original DeVilbiss painting robots that were made in the 70's. It will go in a course that I will give the students at our university in the UK....

Recycling components for robot construction.
I'm very new to robotics. I've read in a few places that it's best to start off with all-new components. But after a while, one may recycle components from previois robots and from other electronic...
1
1

Parallax Propellor Chip
Has anyone used the Parallax Propellor chip? It looks very interesting - especially the 8 parallel processors. I am concerned by the fact that their "SPIN" language is interpreted instead of compiled....
5
5

Rover Status Report: Opportunity Takes a Dip Into Victoria Crater
Status Report: Opportunity Takes a Dip Into Victoria Crater Jet Propulsion Laboratory September 11, 2007 Today, NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity entered Victoria Crater for the first time. It...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 10, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Finally Arrives at Home Plate! - sol 1303-1308, September 10, 2007: After remaining beyond the margins of Home Plate ever since exiting its northeast edge on Sol 774 (March 7, 2006) to...

Walking Robots
When I was in high schools back in the early 70's I had to excuse myself from hanging out with some neighborhood street friends to view a program on science - one of those "what is the future of...
3
3

C-R-M: OT why not semi moderation of newsgroups
If you're volunteering, you could setup your own mailing list that mirrors non-spam messages to/from c.r.m... This wouldn't require any changes to usenet, and allows others to choose which feed they...
10
10

Robot Films To Come
FYI.... Maguire attacking big screen in "Robotech" By Borys Kit Sat Sep 8 After slipping on a mask for Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire might be slipping into a giant robot for "Robotech." After a lengthy...