Subject Author Posted Replies

Question for designers...
When you lay out your preliminary design for a robot, do you do it in inches, horsepower, watts, volts or do you do it in the metric centimeters, ergs and other decimal driven measurements? Why? My...
41
41

Mars Rovers Resume Driving
Exploration Rover Status Report: Rovers Resume Driving Jet Propulsion Laboratory August 24, 2007 After six weeks of hunkering down during raging dust storms that limited solar power, both of NASA's...
2
2

Joints in legs?
In the knees, elbows etc of your robots, do you put ball races for the bearings?
3
3

CRM:Bonding Metal to Rubber- how to cheaply?
Hey Guys, I have a small problem that I need your wise eyes to look at. Yes, I know I could buy an assmbly but that would not be fun and interesting. I have a drive plate from a motor that has a hard...
4
4

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - August 23, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Tries to Coax Dust from Microscopic Imager - sol 1288-1294, August 23, 2007: For the first time since arriving on Mars in 2004, Spirit attempted to remove dust from the microscopic...

Need a big servo
Be very careful, and have good medical, property, and liability insurance.
8
8

microcontroller powered by car adapter
Buying a Y-jack or Splitter from a dollar store is also a good way to find the right socket or plug for your needs. Just cut up the cord and use heavy gauge wire to extend the ends of the cord. As for...
2
2

Mars Exploration Rover Update - August 20, 2007
UPDATE: Dust from Martian Sky Accumulates on Solar Panels - sol 1284-1287, August 20, 2007: Even though the Martian sky above Gusev Crater continued to clear, solar power levels on NASA's Spirit rover...
1
1

Mindstorm questions
RXC1.0 Mindstorms, LEJOS HELLO! I cant seem to find a LEJOS forum anywhere, so if there is one could someone pelase link me.. otherwise. I am having trouble using a timer. In my program the robot is...
1
1

C-R-M: Suggested posting format
To help as a low-end filter against all the splorge, I suggest we append C-R-M to all new and replied-to postings that really belong here. See the subject of this message. It will also help not to...
7
7

Good results cutting aluminum
Personally, I've benefited greatly from this discussion. I hadn't realized that my knowledge of hacksaws (and grinders) was so lacking. This explains some of my frustrations in the past dealing with...
24
24

TechShop - anyone a member?
Anyone a member of TechShop in Menlo Park? John Nagle
1
1

wireless camera, battery operated
I'm looking for a small wireless camera that can run off batteries for a robotics demo. I need to be able to receive the video on a linux box for some image processing (ie, Roborealm for example). Has...
1
1

CopterBox
Saw a nice post on Chibots list by Terry Surma potential energy of the gravitational field causes the cardboard blades to rotate, and delays/controls the fall. Wonder how we could put available...

Utah Mine Collapse and Robots
They just abandoned a second drilled hole looking for survivors. Evidently the field of view of a camera dangled down the pipe was insufficient to see enough. It would seem to be worthwhile for the...
5
5