Subject Author Posted Replies

Do Mark Miller's "androids" really walk?
Mark Miller has a neat article in the latest Servo about his experiments with bipedal robots, which he builds from scratch. There are a lot of design tidbits and insights -- some of them quite...
10
10

Is Vex Receiver compatible with other RC gear ?
I'm thinking of getting a Vex Transmitter/Receiver from eBay because they're so cheap these days. I had the Vex kit for one night, and then took it back when I realized the only thing there was enough...
14
14

Announcement: ECMR Tutorial on SLAM
********************************************************** ECMR 2007 Tutorial on Simultaneous Localization and Mapping ********************************************************** ORGANIZERS Giorgio...

robot capable of distinguishing individual pages
I have a question that could be rather far out, but potentially doable as well. I am building a robotic book scanner and I plan on using some kind of arm to pick up an individual page in order to turn...
9
9

Amateur HUDs and Telepresence
Does anyone have any examples/links to amateur HUDs used to remotely control their robots? TMT

Ping Pong/ Table Tennis Robot
No Johny 5 or Project Aiko, but it was fun building: http://pkrobot.freehostia.com/PingPong.htm
2
2

Attn. San Diego automation/robotics enthusiasts.
I have thirty years of accumulated servos, motors, controllers, computers, PLCs, ball-screws, linear stuff, rotary stuff that is now cluttering up my nearly sedentary life that I will be selling or...

AusRobotics - A new Australian robotics club!
Hi everyone! Are you into robots and looking for a club in Melbourne/Sydney/ Brisbane/Perth/Adelaide/Anywhere? :) I live in Melbourne and have been interested in robotics for as long as I can remember...
6
6

10ish channel programmable servo controller (with RC?)
I'm looking for a small servo controller that can run either 5 or 10 servos. I'd prefer something I can program, and also attach RC to. I can build it if I have to, but I'm running out of time. If...
2
2

Robotics and Alife - ECAL2007 in Lisbon
Dear all, The program of ECAL2007, 9th European Conference on Artificial Life, is now online in We invite you to have a look to the titles and authors of the 120 papers (talks and posters) to be...

Johnny 5 is for sale on eBay!
Well this is a "little" out of my budget range ... but it's still nice = to dream, eh ? Johnny 5 is for sale on eBay!...
2
2

intermediate robot arms?
I'm looking for a capable robotic arm on a budget. However, I've been unable to find anything between hobbyist arms (such as Lynx, CrustCrawler) and the lowest end of the industrial arms, such as ST...
22
22

Final CFP - Websurvey on the Use of Robots Capable of Lethal Force in Warfare

PWM generation details
Hi , I am new to this group i have developed a mobile robotics platform with wheels and tank track and a differential drive , i had a electrical control system at first now i want to adapt it to a...
6
6

Inverse kinematics problem for CRS F3
I'm working on finding the inverse kinematics of the CRS F3 manipulator. It is a 6 DOF and I believe there should be a closed algebraic solution for it. I have used the methods suggested in...
14
14