Subject Author Posted Replies

Measured Specs on 12V DC Gearmotor (Windshield Wiper Motor)
I purchased a couple of these new windshield wiper motors from ebay. They are not the common Saturn type of motor, but similar. They have only 2 wires, and the negative is isolated from the housing...
6
6

ASU Scientists Keep an Eye on Martian Dust Storm
scientists keep an eye on Martian dust storm Arizona State University July 11, 2007 Scientists at ASU's Mars Space Flight Center are using the Thermal Emission Imaging System (THEMIS) on NASA's Mars...

Videos of Lockheed Martin's MULE vehicle?
I've seen announcements about Lockheed Martin's MULE vehicle [ but not any videos. Anyone have a link to a video of it in action? Joe Dunfee July 10, 2007 Lockheed Martin has successfully demonstrated...
1
1

sensor that recognizes when it's upside down
I am looking for a simple small cheap sensor that will recognize when it is flipped upside down. ie i want to put it in a cell phone so when I turn the phone over the screen knows to flip because of...
5
5

Tomorrow's green nano factories
A new podcast explores how nanotechnology researcher Angela Belcher, from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), is working with viruses to make them do good things. I found this at

GPS and Military Use
Hi, I was watching Future Weapons on Discovery and they had a missile that was guided by GPS that could detonate above, below or at ground level. During the show they commented that there is a more...
6
6

Is there a way to program a robot with python (ex, an electric motor, control it's speed, etc)
i hope someone here can help me. basically, me and my friend have a summer project. in this project, we need something that would basically function as a blender. we know we'll need to buy a motor...
3
3

digital camera control
I am trying to design a robotic page turning machine and I would like the ability to take pictures of every page that is turned with a digital camera. Is there any way to have either a microcontroller...
6
6

Operating Lego Mindstorms over multiple days?
Hello, I'm a long time insomniac, influenced mostly by how much light I have in my room. Lots of light -- little sleep. I have devised a Lego Mindstorms robot that will open my bedroom blinds in the...
4
4

robotic arms with gripper that can lift 2 pounds ?
Anyone know of any relatively inexpensive servo based robotic arms with = gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ? Thanks ! JCD
8
8

slightly OT question about gEDA CAD tools
Is anybody in this group using the open source pachages gEDA and PCB for their schematic capture and board work? I am trying to get a feel for whether thay are real tools yet or still in the...
4
4

Sinclair ZX-81 Robot
I see a job with the Ministry of Defense in your future. Or a = *relationship* with them, at the very least! ;-) Why all the links at the bottom of your original post ?
6
6

POSIT with constraints
Hello, I'm building a robot (a car) that has a webcam mounted on it. I want to compute the position of the robot based on a model of the environment around the robot: I find in the picture of the...

robot with vacuum pump
I'm wanting to design a robot that uses a vacuum pump mechanism. Do you have any idea where I could find a vacuum pump that I could control with a microcontroller? I do not need a very powerful...
6
6

Pinging Padu
I'm looking for Padu. Have lost email and phone number when 'upgrading' from Win 98 to XP... Does anybody have his contact info... please. Have found funding for some interesting robotic development.