Subject Author Posted Replies

CGAL 3.3 Released, Computational Geometry Algorithms Library
The CGAL Open Source Project is pleased to announce the release 3.3 of CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library. Besides improvements of existing packages this release offers the following...

small volume parts duplication ?
Let's say I have a really neato prototype of a small part - about 2" x = 2" x 1" - shape I'd like to reproduce in plastic. Cool stuff like = Alumilite is just too expensive for a production run. What...
2
2

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 31, 2007
UPDATE: Remarkable Rover Continues to Astonish - sol 1200-1206, May 31, 2007: Spirit is still making new discoveries despite dragging its feet, so to speak, after losing use of the right front wheel...

how to connect the ISP to the ATmega48
OK, largely based on advice received in this group, I'm now trying to use a naked ATmega48 (28-pin DIP) as my controller rather than buying some fancy controller board. :) I received the chip...
3
3

Present Robot Potential?
Hello, Is it possible at this time with the present level of processing power to build (or program) a Honda type robot that could carry out these functions: memorize 5 - 8 faces, respond to some...
10
10

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 25, 2007
UPDATE: Opportunity Studies Rocks Representative of Crater Wall - sol 1171-1177, May 25, 2007: Opportunity is healthy and continues to circumnavigate "Victoria Crater" back toward "Duck Bay." While...

90 Degree Joint Maths
Hi, I'm using a type of joint on a model submarine to vector thrust in two planes that is essentially one 45degree elbow bolted onto another and wondered if it has a common name/purpose in Robotics so...
1
1

Motor Specs Lynxmotion
Does any one have the mounting specs for the Lynxmotion LS-540S? Thanks, Brad Smallridge AiVision
1
1

N.S.E.C.T. Robots?
I ran across an R/C Robot called an N.S.E.C.T. at a local retail shop. It was way in the back on the shelf not listed with a price but a "make me an offer" was posted. It looked intact an still in the...
3
3

Car and Deep Cycle (including SLA) Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ Web pages have been moved. They are located at The latest version is 7.0, dated May 28, 2007. The FAQ is consumer oriented with answers to questions about lead-acid...

vertical movement for robotic arm
I am designing a robotic arm which will be attached to a fixed base. I would like to have the ability for the arm to elevate between 12 to 18 inches. The actuator for this would be mounted on the...
3
3

simple robotics project
I am totally new to robotics and I need some helpful advice for the project I'm working on. It is a very simple robotic arm with 2 degrees of freedom powered by two motors. I want it to execute a very...
17
17

term for a wheel with an attached gear or pulley ?
Is there a term for a wheel with an attached gear or pulley ? I Googled "gear wheel" and "geared wheel" but that doesn't seem to be = it. Thanks! JCD
7
7

slow rpm dc motor
I would like info on slow rpm dc motors that can turn satellite dish used to track sun ( solor power )
4
4

Aluminum Extrusion Profiles for mounting NEMA 23 ?
While researching the various ways to convert my Sherline mill to CNC it = occured to me that certain profiles of aluminum extrusions might be = perfect for mounting some NEMA 23 and other "format"...