Subject Author Posted Replies

The Big Gripper on cover of May 2007 Servo mag
For all interested, Gordon McComb's excellent product - The Big Gripper = - is featured on the cover and referenced in an article of the May 2007 = edition of Servo Magazine. The article begins on...

CFP: IEEE CS2007
Call for papers IEEE CS2007 =========================== IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland Chapter 6th Conference on Cybernetic Systems 2007 University...

Did I toast my motor?
When I first tested my Tamiya twin motor gearbox I connected a 7.2V Li- ion battery pack to one of the motors (Mabuchi FA-130) for a few seconds. It still works, but do you think there's any damage?...
2
2

how far of 24db grid antennas
Hi how far can a 24db grid antennas? thanks from Peter

How to calculate the output DC voltage of three phase rectifier in AC servo drive
Could you tell me how to calculate the ouput DC Bus voltage of three phase rectifier in AC servo Drive. Say the input power supply is 1 phase 115V 1 phase 230V , 3 phase 230V. Thanks,

Steering Servo Torque
I've started a design for a large 1/2 to 1/3 scale remote control land speed car to be run on our local dry lake bed. I have been researching for a while and thought this would be the best place to...
11
11

A3968 motor driver equivalent
I'm looking to build the motor driver controller from December's Servo magazine. The featured Allegro A3968 Dual Full-Bridge PWM Motor Driver with Brake chip isn't easy to find...Digi-Key only has it...
1
1

Trinity Fire Fighting house kits?
Does anyone know a source for a pre-fab kit for making a Trinity Fire Fighting Contest house, using only simple hand tools (hammer and screwdriver)? I don't own even a hand saw, let alone a power one,...

Summer School on Image and Robotics
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION 8th Summer School on Image and Robotics (SSIR'07) Center for Computing Research (CIC) Web Site: The French Mexican Laboratory in Computer Science(LAFMI), the Center for...

Self-replicating robots...
I want to build self-replicating robots. That means robots which build robots. I'm too lazy to build the 1 Million robots I need to rule the world, so I'll let the robots to all the work. How can I...
1
1

Interesting discovery regarding servos and current
Oh - I see what you're talking about now. Using a low pass filter in that way would give a very, very rough estimate of the average current over the past series of pulses. I want a measurement of the...
7
7

Web Survey on the Use of Robots Capable of Lethal Force in Warfare
__________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------------------------------------------ Call for Participation: Web Survey on the Use of Robots Capable of...

Tamiya twin gearbox problem
I've assembled the gearbox according to the "A" configuration, which is the standard speed. But each side does not rotate independently of the other. I have gone over the directions several times and...
3
3

The Ethics of Autonomous Robots - A Way To Blow-Off Human Responsibility ?
via BBC NEWS Robot future poses hard questions Scientists have expressed concern about the use of autonomous decision-making robots, particularly for military use. As they become more common, these...
3
3

The ten laws of robotics
The great challenge right now in the world is environmental disaster, soon it will be robotics. We may yet have time to avert the worst effects of the damage done to the atmosphere but the potential...
20
20