Subject Author Posted Replies

switching regulator kit?
QualityKits has this nifty little $3 kit for regulating voltage at 6 or 9V: uses a linear regulator (7806) though, and they don't have a switching version. So, if you draw much current through this...
5
5

Having trouble with a Sonar
Hello to the group, I built a sonar just as a rangefinding instrument for now. Eventually, I will be wanting to install one on a bot I am working on. This one has an LCD so I can read the range right...
5
5

FRC Championship
It's a bit late, but I went to the Chamionship in Atlanta this year. Team 2194, Newton Division. We were a rookie team, but we went undefeated in the qualifaication rounds. We were defeated 2-1 in the...
1
1

battery box supplying 4 different voltages?
I'd like to make one battery box for the bot I'm working on, that will simultaneously supply 3V, 6V, 9V, and 12V. The first version of this box will get its juice from eight D cells. What I don't...
21
21

who knows something about ACT/CUT 3D?
Hi,all, I noticed that some waterjet cutting application used industrial robot arm,and the engineer use a software called ACT/CUT 3D software to calculate the point value and send it to robot...

The Gough platform
Dear all, for all of you enthusiasts of parallel manipulator, you are aware of the invention of the Hexapod that was made by Gough and Whitehall during the fifties and was presented at a FISITA...
1
1

Serial Port driver to PC
Does anyone have a freeware driver or ocx to connect a microcontroller to a serial port ? the aim of the project is to disply whatever is read on the COM port on a webpage . Many thanks Len
11
11

source of largish gears?
I have two largish (15 cm) surplus Pittman motors, which I'm trying to cram into a circular shell 24 cm across in order to power the two primary wheels (for a differential-drive robot). Obviously I...
15
15

MOSFET driver killed mysteriously and need help
hi to everyone. I mysteriously killed 5 MOSFET half bridge drivers and wish to see if anyone can help. I'm making a N-MOSFET H bridge circuit that switch a sine wave output using unipolar PWM for an...
6
6

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 17, 2007
UPDATE: Investigating a Dark Streak - sol 1139-1144, April 17, 2007: Opportunity is healthy and spent the last week investigating the dark material trailing north from "Victoria Crater." The plan this...

Several Robot Designs
We have several robot variations including, Furby, Rodent, Hexpod, and Beam...

Motor control chip 3.3V
Hello, I am in a desperate need for a DC motor control chip that runs out of 3.3v. More or less something like L293D which requires 5V. Has anybody seen something like that?
4
4

offset differential steering
Common wheeled robot differential steering uses 2 wheels directly opposite each other, usually through the center of the base so that the robot can rotate in place. What would happen if the wheels are...
6
6

How to move a industrial robot following a given-radius circle?
Hi,all, I know there is a MOVEC command in VAL3 language(Staubli robotics), and when move robot to go cirlces, three point must be taught,but the routine the robot move may not the exactly circle. Is...

Robot Forth
Have I been trolled? The "girl" was Eliza Doolittle, the professor 'Enry 'Iggins, as any fule kno. Andrew.
8
8