Subject Author Posted Replies

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 13, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Studies En Route to 'Home Plate' - sol 1159-1163, April 13, 2007: Spirit is healthy and has completed a campaign of scientific studies of a rock outcrop known as "Elizabeth...

how to tell if cutting board is Delrin ?
I suspect an old kitchen cutting board I have is Delrin. Is there any = way to tell ? ( no markings that I can see ... ) It is about 1/2 inch thick and kind of milky-translucent. Also, edges = melt...
10
10

EMC from AVR Mega32
I'm using an AVR Mega32 in the DIP40 package to interface with 35 MHz remote control radio transmitters and have found that there is an enormous radiated emission from the AVR at the second harmonic...
3
3

Live from Atlanta: First Robotics competition live feeds
Saw this on . Thanks to Kevin ! Live from Atlanta. Gallimore

Parts for Motoman industrial robot?
Hello to All of You I was looking for reduction gear on L-axis on Motoman welding robot K10S? Is there anyone who know someone to offer me used or revisioned part in good condition for a cheep money?...

It Sure Beats Watching Reality Television....
'Super Bowl of Smarts' brings on robot invasion By Marsha Walton CNN ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- "Robot coming through. 'Scuse me, robot coming through." It's a loud, common call at the Georgia Dome...
2
2

What kind of sensors are normally used to find the distance to an object?
Hi all, I was wondering what are the common types of sensors that are used industrially to measure a distance to an object (e.g. another robot) to avoid collision for instance? Thanks
18
18

2nd Annual UNI Mini Sumo Ship-In contest
Just two weeks away! UNI is again hosting the annual Ship-In Mini Sumo contest. This is the second annual. Send your robot to town to compete with others. If you want in, sign up now! The future of...
4
4

Robotic watering system?
I came across this robotic watering head the other day. Has anyone here had any first hand experience with them? The system looks like it has some merit over conventional methods of home irrigation....
7
7

parts for recharging batteries using induction ?
My electric toothbrush recharges by induction, with no metal contacts = touching. I am guessing that the guts of this is basically just the 2 = halves of a transformer, with one half in the base and...
4
4

ECAL2007 Last Cfp
ECAL2007 - 9th European Conference on Artificial Life | September 10-14, 2007 Lisbon, Portugal ***************** Last Call for Papers [Extended] Submission deadline: April 16, 2007 Submission Time...

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - April 10, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Studies Rocks En Route to "Home Plate" - sol 1152-1158, April 10, 2007: Spirit is healthy and performing scientific studies of an outcrop of light-toned clasts and cobbles nicknamed...

thinking about FIRST
The team that I normally mentor decided to take a pass this year. Left me with the opportunity to wander around the Toronto competition, hands hanging, and chat with some of the people. The first...
11
11

EKF SLAM
In EKF SLAM, with what values should one initialize the entries in the covariance matrix that correspond to a newly discovered landmark? Thanks.

Check out the "squiggle motor" ...
Check out the "squiggle motor". Slick! http://www.newscaletech.com/squiggle_overview.htmlJCD
9
9