Subject Author Posted Replies

Master slave following without an encoder (6K4)
I am using a Parker Hannefin 6K4 driving 2 Mitsubishi Servos (which act as steppers to the 6K) on the X and Y axis without an encoders. I am using Master/Slave following to take laser readings...

Servo System Best Practices / Lessons Learned?
Is there a best practices or design guidelines document/book/article/ etc. that covers things like positioning / min / max distance between controller, drives and motors, shielding and grounding - in...
4
4

What sort of joystick/controller to use to remotely control/pilot walking robot?
Sounds like a fun project. In first-person shooters, a common standard is for the WASD keys to control translation, while the mouse controls where the player is facing. A similar scheme would apply to...
6
6

Commercial robots for soccer/football
I am looking for robots that are able to play soccer/football to buy. These robots will be displayed in a museum and possibly let the visitants play with them. So, radio-controlled robots would be...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 7, 2007
UPDATE: Opportunity Checks Out 'Cape of Good Hope' - sol 1097-1103, March 07, 2007: Opportunity is healthy and is currently driving on the promontory called "Cape of Good Hope." The rover performed...

AVRcam vs CMUcam
I imagine there are people around here who have used both of these devices. I picked up an AVRcam this week, and started playing with it. The thing sends out a "torrent" of data in ET = color-blob...
8
8

wireless cams' possibilities
I know there are wireless Internet cams with "built-in" web serves that send you deltas if changes in the capture (motions) are detected ~ I was wondering if anyone has used Linux to remotely operate...
1
1

pbasic 2.5 question.
Hello all, I'm learning PBASIC 2.5 from a book called PROGRAMMING AND CUSTOMIZING THE BASIC STAMP COMPUTER and I ran into this situation. The following code produces the output under it:...
2
2

Hello ppl!! Help Pls!!
i'm looking forward to make a radio controlled car from the scratch. it'll be my first model and so am having quite some difficulty in making someone help me with Information bout steering mechanism...

Optical finger mouse - useful for robots?
I just came across this product, which is an optical mouse that you strap to your finger. What made me think about robotics is the possibility that it may be more tolerant in regards to the distance...

CCD BW Cameras
I think a BW camera can be much faster than other detection systems , if the software is done right . But its tricky getting a clear image while its rotating . So if i rotate in the opposite direction...

Mini Sumo Contest - Open - Ship-IN at UNI April 26th
Hi Guys, We're on again for another year! Last year we had one Ship-In plus our students. Our students showed them to be fairly tough competitors, and now they've got big heads. About half a dozen are...

Robots is about software
Its much easier to do m.c.u./cpu with ARM 144 pin . But the adverts say you MUST get a bloat I.D.E. and then C++ , to write the software .... Common sense and some hands on will create a faster...
5
5

Actuator suggestions for music playing automats/robots
Hey, This is a posting for a brain storming session. If we want to design and build a music playing robot/automat with a group of amateur robot lovers (with limited pocket money) what would you...
3
3

Mechanica 2007 !!!
Hi This is Pranava from IIT Madras Mechanica is the technical festival of mechanical engineering, presented by Mechanical Engineering Association (MEA), the largest of its kind at IIT Madras. It is to...