Subject Author Posted Replies

proximity detector
hi everybody, I'm looking for the simplest way to add a proximity detector that detects when something moves in front of it, at a range of ~ 1meter - no info on distance is necessary, just on/off. Can...
6
6

Tuning and its classificaton in robotics
Hi, My name is bruce here. I come across a new word "tuning" when I browser some technical I googled it but can not find the exactly answers, so any one can help me ?thank you!
4
4

Beer launcher
Looks like somebody got it right. ;-)
2
2

Call for book chapters
CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS Book Title: Computational Intelligence in Autonomous Robotic Systems The book will be published by Springer in its "Studies in Computational Intelligence" Series, and the...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - February 23, 2007
UPDATE: The View from 'Cabo Corrientes' - sol 1091-1096, February 23, 2007: Opportunity is healthy and is currently driving on the promontory "Cabo Corrientes." The rover completed the long baseline...

how can i made car robot
____________________________________ centrifugal clutch , with a high stall speed so motor can continue to drive the other accessories . A small solenoid can lower stall speed so you can accelerate...
1
1

Mount for Toy Motor
Hello, I'm tring to make a cheap actuator using inexpensive toy motors. Many of these motors have a 6mm lip and two planetary mounting holes, roughly 2.3mm diam. and 11.5mm apart. Is there any type of...
5
5

CFP: IEEE/WIC/ACM Intelligent Agent Technology 2007 (Silicon Valley, USA)
##################################################################### IEEE/WIC/ACM Intelligent Agent Technology 2007 CALL FOR PAPERS...

OT: Tricorder prototype
I posted a while back (almost a year, how time flies!) about building a handheld tricorder-like device. I finally got around to building a prototype with just a few sensors if anyone wants to take a...

What glue is best for HPDE ( high density polyethylene ) ?
What kind of glue is best for HPDE ( high density polyethylene ) ? I just need to glue a few flat pieces together, then cut them up and do = some milling on the sandwiched pieces. What about ABS...
18
18

societyofrobots.com
I ran across this neat little web site today. Worth taking a look:

Kuka Robots
anyone have any info or machine data for an rc controller unit

Running hobby servos at speeds greater than 50Hz.
Servo makes and even models vary, so your findings here are not necessarily reflective of all analog servos. However it serves as a starting point. There may be differences even among the same model...
1
1

behavior-based programming examples in BASIC
Hi all, I am looking for samples or examples of behavior-based programming code (a la Joseph L Jones' book) in BASIC. I am not very familiar with C or Java, and all the examples in that book are in...
1
1

TI Calculator Robot
Hey guys I'm semi new to robotics, because I know lots about mechanics and building, lots about individual electronic components, but not a whole lot in the world of applying those two with...
10
10