Subject Author Posted Replies

OpenSLAM
I ran across this site while doing research for a different post. For = those that are interested in computer vision, localization & mapping: 's an excerpt to whet the whistle: SLAM is the...
1
1

How to ensure something is Not Patented ? (remains free/open source)
This question is inspired by the recent post on Whitebox Robotics' = patent application: Say someone wants to publish a method of doing something or diagrams for = robot parts, etc., and wants to...
4
4

small motors or linear actuators
Hi - I've been working on a 6 legged robot for almost two years now. Currently I'm using Hitec HS-81MG servos. I guess I'm not entirely pleased with them - and I would like to pursue other...
24
24

Hobby Servo Overdrive?
Our team is building a robot for a competition this week. We are using HiTec HS-475B hobby servos for some motion. The system is driven with a 7.2 VDC battery. The servos are really straining on a...
2
2

Help on our final year project- please reply quickly
Hi , We are developing a project under our university course. We are novice in the field of wireless communication.We developed a web site & we want to deploy the updates of that websites to our...

Whitebox Robotics Patent App?
Any comments on Whitebox Robotics trying to get a patent for a robot with a PC inside? There HAS to be prior art on this. I believe in intellectual property but this idea doesn't seem new to me. You...
16
16

Get the 'Lego MINDSTORMS Education Base' cheap!
Hi Everyone, thought you might be interested in my eBay auction, I am auctioning off a brand new in box, never opened Lego MINDSTORMS Education Base (Model # is 9797). The auction is closing February...

Kuka irb robot
looking for anyone who has machine data disc for kuka irb robot controller, thanks

Artificial Intellegence is easy
It helps to want to do do A.I. . If you want to do C++ and Linux and .... Then you have placed obstacles in the path . A.I. is easy if you like to simplify the "overhead" a mcu has . Let it do stuff...

Linear Actuators
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:37:04 GMT, "Michael" wrote: If you are spending serious $$$, you may want to look at commercial actuator suppliers like below. Some have feedback pots for position indication....
11
11

MaxSonar EZ1 Sensor......Outdoors?
Hi all, I've been using the MaxSonar EZ1 ultrasonic sensor for the past month or so and am very pleased with its performance. Up until this time, I've been using it indoors. I now have a need to get...
13
13

what microcontroller to buy to start robot building?
Hello, I'm taking a class right now where we're building a robot, primarily around these main central components csm-12c32 module board (MC9S12C32) Xcite OEM RF Module (Wireless Transiever) USB-ML-12...
3
3

Parallax Microcontroller Guide
I am running through the Parallax "What's a Microcontroller?" Guide as a precursor to working with the Boe Bot system. I have all of the parts from the text (using the Boe Bot board in lieu of the...
1
1

Man makes Robotic (remote control) Snowplow
I just saw an associated press article about a Middleberg, Pennsylvania man who made a remote control snow plow. It was made from a converted 4 horsepower electric golf cart, by attaching the plow. He...
5
5

lightweight cost-efficient CAD software ?
Hello everyone. I am looking for some cost effective CAD or drawing software to make = some assembly drawings for simple parts, like extrusions, etc. Nothing = really fancy. Just asking what...
6
6