Subject Author Posted Replies

Research Fellow on EU-funded CoSy Cognitive Robotics Project Birmingham
Please forward to outstanding potential applicants. Applications are required if possible by 14 Feb, though we may be able to process late applications if selection has not gone too far. Full details,...

I need your help
I'm a student from China. Our teacher bought us VEX robots. We have problem using easyC now. We can use easyC to download program to the microcontroller. But when we use the testcode ( .ecp file) to...
4
4

AD: SoundGin Sound Synthesizer Development Board Now Available
I have the new SoundGin Development board from Savage Inovations. The SoundGin IC is included with the board. Thanks. Ken IC included on board Audio Amp RS-232 connector Control all features of the...
1
1

auto heading
Hi to all, I'm new to this newsgroup and to the robotics too :-) I have a boat with three motors: one on the rear and two on both sides. These two are on-off type, so I can turn on or turn off but I...
4
4

Futaba Square Plugs
I have a bunch of Futaba Square plugs in my posession. These plugs are very hard to come by without buying a whole cable so if anyone is interested I will let them go for $4 each and ship for free.

Lee's algorithm - Described?
Hi all, I'm implementing my robots navigation system and as a starting point I want to use Lee's algorithm to help figure out the route and therefore the sequence of commands the robot needs to...
7
7

We placed our RoboHobby Linux Live CD on ibiblio server.
Hi, We are happy to say that now it is possible to download our RoboHobby Linux Live CD from ibiblio server. They allowed us to put our loadable (knoppix-based CD) to their server. We pre-installed on...

Why dont Robots use energy storage ?
Robots might use servo motors or even solenoids , but there is a much better way , but it is not easy to empliment , mechanically . Your old VW had a Beilstein jack . Using springs and the above...
9
9

Wheelchair conversion
Well, as a basis for my telepresence robot project I bought a wheelchair on eBay. Got a used Jet 2 from for less than $200. Looks to be in good condition, but not functional. Probably battery needs...

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - February 1, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Examines Churned-Up Martian Soil - sol 1091-1096, February 01, 2007: Spirit is healthy and continues to scan the Martian terrain for the dust devils of spring. The rover has completed...

Need advice re how to do an MS in Robotics
I graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics in 2004. For the past two years, I have been working with Wipro Technologies (one of India's largest IT companies) in the field of VLSI...
2
2

Off-road mobile robot at http://robot.proof.cz
Hi guys, I'd like to show you my mobile robot based on the HandyBoard controller. Pls have a look at info: * 2 MHz microprocessor Motorola 68HC11. * 32 kB RAM, battery backed. * Drives up to 4 DC...
1
1

ECAL2007 - 2nd CFP
ECAL2007 - 9th European Conference on Artificial Life September 10-14, 2007 Lisbon, Portugal ***************** 2nd Call for Papers Submission deadline: April 9, 2007 |...

where in San Diego to get electronic components
Are there any good places in San Diego to get electronic components .. resistors, ic's etc .. besides radio shack. thanks mike
2
2

Free Junk at Homebrew Robotics tonight!
Last weekend I cleaned up my office and garage, and I have a lot of robotics related junk to get rid of: Old CRS robot -- arm is okay, but no gripper, no controller, no software Old Rhino robot --...
1
1