Subject Author Posted Replies

Network suggestions (was: Re: RoboBricks2 bus: (was: Re: How exactly do (hobby) servo motors work?))
(Reposted as Wayne suggested - and what I meant to do in the first place...) This is a great lead-in to the question I was planning on posing anyway. My inquiry is: Assuming I get the contract I'm...
4
4

MSc in Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems
The Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems (EASy) group at the University of Sussex is probably the largest such multidisciplinary research group in the world, working on a wide range of topics where...

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - January 27, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Studies Layered Rocks and Wind-Blown Drifts - sol 1085-1090, January 27, 2007: With the rover's third Martian spring just around the corner, Spirit is healthy and has started acquiring...

Encoder suggestion
Hi, Anybody here knows a good source for absolute encoders (well, pots really) that I can mount on a 3/4" shaft? I'm trying to implement a closed looping position system, and I don't need more than...
5
5

Trademarking questions ... for those of you who have done it !
Hello everyone. I know there are several entrepreneurial types on here, = so I thought I'd ask in this group: Has anyone trademarked a logo or product name using strictly online = resources? Or would...
21
21

Battery breakthrough?
guys claim to have a new type of ultracapacitor with a power/weight ratio better than lithium-ion batteries. If true, then once the cost comes down (I assume they'll be expensive at first to serve the...
6
6

How exactly do (hobby) servo motors work?
Hi - can anybody explain how hobby servo motors work? I'm guessing it's something like this: during the high phase of the PWM pulse some sort of capacitor or something is charged, and then the voltage...
22
22

how does iPhone touchscreen work?
Does anyone know how the iPhone's touchscreen works? Also, is it dual touch (only) or multi-touch? I understand it does not work with a stylus or even fingernail. Is it a segmented resistive sensor,...
1
1

Need small oscilloscope in San Diego area
Hi guys I am looking for a used small oscilloscope, nothing fancy. Back home (penn state area) I used to be able to go over the college to the surplus dept and find this kind of stuff .. but .. im not...
9
9

Attaching wheels to wiper motors
I have two trico wiper motors, both with a short threaded shaft. Will I have to get an engineering company to make something to attach the wheels with, or is there an "off the shelf" solution? Thanks!
2
2

Call for book chapters
Call for book Chapters Note: Papers are reviewed and accepted/rejected on first come first serve basis The following two books are planned to be published by Springer-Verlag during 2007/2008: (1)....

how to "smoke" clear plastic?
I have a clear plastic shell. I don't know exactly what sort of plastic it is, but it's probably not polycarbonate; it was cheap (bought it at the dollar store). I need to paint this with something...
14
14

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - January 19, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Studies Distinctive Rock Layers with Granules and Platy Beds - sol 1079-1084, January 19, 2007: Spirit is healthy and continues to make progress on scientific studies of a rock exposure...

Looking for some place to buy in Italy or Europe
Hi, I am looking some good place to buy a training robotic arm kit. Preferably in Italy or with in Europe. I am thinking that OWI 007 Robotic Arm Trainer will serve the purpose. Arm can be viewed at:...
5
5

Robopet behavior ideas
Howdy all. I'd like to hit you up for some ideas. I am working on turning Flik () into a pet for my desk at work. I plan to have a piece of paper behind my monitor with a large black area for him to...
7
7