Subject Author Posted Replies

Exploded NiCd Batteries
While attempting a home-charge of a set of NiCd batteries, they were left unattended and consequently exploded (relatively high current was flowing through them). The basement area in which the...
1
1

Final call for papers
Submission deadline is: February 1st 2007 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognition (AIPR-07). This conference particularly encourages papers on robotics. Click on...

wireless microprocessor question
Hello, I'm about to start working on a project that requires an electronic system be controlled wirelessly through the internet. I need to develop the software (with a GUI) which you can access from...
10
10

Repost: Robotic Lawn Mowere
Hello, I think we are all aware of the success of the i-robot floor sweepers, one of the few successfull robotic applications for the home. A couple of years ago I saw first hand robotic lawn mowers...
2
2

J2ME Cell phone as Java-based brain for small robot.
Hi, We are working on hobby project - small hand-made robot. We use J2ME cell phone with camera and bluetooth, connected to the robot. See: else use cell phone as a robot's brain? Are there any...

Telepresence - Big deal?
In the later chapters of Brooks "Flesh and Machine" comments about the future for telepresence. He suggests exporting labor via internet. His example is for elder care done in Japan by workers in the...
28
28

using a servo/encoder for motion recording and playback
Hi all, I'm working on a project which requires that I be able to 'record' externally driven rotations of a driveshaft and then 'play' them back using a servo/stepper motor. It'd be nice if I could...
4
4

Sensors for Mapping
I would like to know if it is possible to reduce the cone angle of a
6
6

PC Dashboards and Telemetry
Hi, If anyone is interested in operating their robot from a PC over IP, 802.11, RF, bluetooth or RS-232, you can check out my app at included sample dashboards for the PIC microcontrollers ( MPLAB C...
7
7

interfacing using 8086 mup kit and a computer using RS 232
hi guys, can anybody send me a program using direct interfacing using RS 232...and is there any assembler compatible to 8086 mup that can handle C functions and vice versa....can anyone send something...

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - January 12, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Continues to Test New Computer Smarts - sol 1070-1070, January 12, 2007: On the rover's 1,068th sol, or Martian day of exploration on Mars (Jan. 4, 2007), Spirit used its new computer...

Two link mainpulator
i`m working in a project to design to link arm that writes letters or draws some simple figure(sqaure,traingle).i obtained the inverse kinematic and simulated the mechanasim in mathlab.I could draw...
1
1

looking for an ultrasonic sensor
Hi, I am searching the web for days, but didn't find much, maybe you can help me: looking for an ultrasonic sensors with range 12m. 15m is better. weight
1
1

Library for laser acquisition in mapping problems. [Question]
Hello, I'm looking for a C or C++ library to manage laser scan acquisitions in a octree/quadtree data structure (for mapping). Anybody could give me some advice? Thanks a lot, Mauro
3
3

control servos through TCP/IP
Hello, I have two Futaba servos currently connected to a receiver and I was wondering if there's anything out there that would allow me to control those two servos using TCP/IP socket? Preferably, I...
1
1