Subject Author Posted Replies

Can anyone recommend a basic compiler for atmel avr that actually works?
I am right now using bascom, or, should I say, trying to, which, even on this forum was touted by some to be the best. Well, I've been struggling with it for almost 3 days now, and it just won't send...
20
20

Help identifying a robot
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here might be able to assist me in identifying a robot from (I think) the late 1940s? It appears in several collages (ca.1950) by the artist Eduardo Paolozzi, who I am...
10
10

noise in plastic gears
Can anyone recommend a good way to reduce noise from small plastic injection molded gears without significantly decreasing efficiency (or better yet, increasing efficiency - since less energy...
6
6

Question about stk 500 (atmel)
I received mine yesterday. Of course it would have been nice if, ahem, the sales rep told me that I needed my own 10-15VDC regulated power supply. But anyway, it is now up and running and I was able...
2
2

Lego NXT Multisystems
Over the holidays, my cousin purchased a Lego NXT system. The question we both have is how many NXT systems can be connected together as a larger system? Has anyone built a multi NXT system and do you...
5
5

iRobot announces a hobbyist platform ...
iRobot announces a hobbyist platform. Cool!
4
4

Pan/tilt controller with center on click
I'm looking for a pan/tilt controller that has the feature to center the camera on a mouse click of the video feed. I'm not sure if they make one, but I know certain PTZ cameras (like the Sony...
2
2

Any Students going to First Robotics?
Was wondering if there were any other students competing in First Robotics Tournament and where from?

sonar sensors affected by propeller background noise
Hi all, I have a small RC airplane (fixed-wing) that is capable of hovering (i.e. the fuselage is vertical and the propeller balances the weight of the aircraft). I mounted an ultrasonic sensor on the...
5
5

Robotics Software Engineer San Jose CA
I'm posting this here as I believe that people that enjoy robotics (especially realtime programming and hw/sw interfacing) would also enjoy an opportunity Machine Control Robotics Software Development...
2
2

Omron LSS and windows, Omron controller C28K
Hi I need to get the software out of an Omron C28K, and I found the LSS ( ), but that does not seem to work on Windows XP. Can anyone help here? BR Sonnich Forums - Forums.MrPLC.com
4
4

Telerobotics
I'm looking for some information on telerobotics. I'm new to the field and I want to educate myself on the state of the art. I'd also like to find sources of commercial systems and/or component...
1
1

Conference ranking reference at conference-ranking.net
Description: Conference ranking reference at the reference of research scientists, this conference ranking ( is produced with collection of information from different Internet sources. The listings of...

Robots that play with people and pets
I'm working on a design for a something to impress and entertain my niece Caroline, who has recently gotten involved with robots. Caroline is eleven; my impression is that she hasn't done any...
20
20

OpenCV series in SERVO
Just got my January SERVO column (I did a review of the Soundgin -- check it out!) and noticed Robin Heweitt contributed a piece on the Intel OpenCV computer vision library. Robin is one of the...
1
1