Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: Various ICs - Speech Synthesizers, Sound Generators & More
Hello fellow robotic enthusiasts, In an effort to increase my inventory of IC chips used during repairs, I have made a bulk purchase of integrated circuits. All parts are new old stock and are...

What are other active robotics discussion forums on the net?
In addition to this great newsgroup, can anyone please give links to what you consider are the best and most active (non-newsgroup) robotics related discussion forums on the net.
8
8

Robotic Lawn Mowers
Hello, I think we are all aware of the success of the irobot floor sweepers, one of the few successfull robotic applications for the home. A couple of years ago I saw first hand robotic lawn mowers at...

New PBS science pilot tackles brain-machine interfaces
A new PBS science series pilot that looks at technological innovations and their possible future influences takes on the subject of brain-machine interfaces. It also explores the concept of connecting...

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - January 2, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Rests During Dust Storm - sol 1058-1062, January 02, 2007: A sudden dust storm cut short Spirit's investigation of a volcanic rock and kicked enough dust into the Martian atmosphere to...

Pics of my new bot, Tiny
Here are a few pics of my latest project, Tiny, if anyone wants to take a look. Robotguy

off topic: use laptop's screen for desktop PC ?
This is kinda off topic but it applies in my situation, anyway, so here = goes. These days I use a laptop for my main machine (might be replacing it = soon). To that end I got rid of my old Nec 17"...
2
2

The inevitable question which micro controller to use?
Hi Folks, Well, I am still working on bang bang. I had some problems mounting the wheels to him. BTW, I named him that because of all the references (to the bang on and bang off method of using the...
19
19

how much is "ample" current for hobby servos ?
The Parallax USB Servo Controller ( = ) says to make = sure the external power supply for the servossupplies "ample current" = to power the servos. How much is "ample"? I am using a Radio Shack multi...
8
8

Building a robot
Still at stage one, but I realized here that I'll need some sort of controller. What I want to build is simple, but it all seems to center on the control. Which made me realize that it's not like I'll...
7
7

Innovation, like robots, require hard sell
My first experience with robots ended in a disaster. We had the Hero-II working after months of putting it together and learning what we could of integrated circuits, sensors, Motorola 60something...
2
2

online virtual robots games ?
Hello, do you know online games where one can program virtual robots that interact with robots from other players ? Typically it would be a battle game, but any other theme will do :-) Thanks,
1
1

NASA Mars Team Teaches Old Rovers New Tricks to Kick Off Year Four
Mars Team Teaches Old Rovers New Tricks to Kick Off Year Four December 28, 2006 NASA's twin Mars rovers, nearing the third anniversary of their landings, are getting smarter as they get older. The...
2
2

3-wire stepper motor? need help on understanding.
Hi all, So I was able to find a salvaged stepper motor from a laser printer, and think I have figured out the 13 wires coming out of it. I disassembled it and found the following: 3 wires are for the...
2
2

Not exactly a robot, but sorta
Ok, this is going to be a bit off topic, but am sure someone here on this group can send me to the right place. I have a small company where I put together these little kits. Multiple items into...
9
9