Subject Author Posted Replies

Basic question about steering
I have been working on a small bot that is going to be radio controlled (for now) using a 2 channel futaba. It has a forward, back lever (center is neutral) and a left, right lever (center is...
13
13

Is something up at iRobot?
Is something up at iRobot? Joe Jones just left with several others, promising to return with something (unspecificed) robotic in the future. I think he said he was employee #12 or such. Then I read...
2
2

What Happened to Robot Wars?
In the past, cable would carry various showings of "Robot Wars" and its variations. Where are they now and are they carried on cable? If not, what happened to them? Are they available on DVD and tape?...
31
31

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - December 22, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Tests New Computer Smarts, Studies Rocks and Terrain - sol 1051-1057, December 22, 2006: Spirit is healthy and conducting scientific analysis of a rock target known as "Palma." During...
1
1

C3088 Cam Module 5.0 volt to 3.3V DIO
Hi All, I picked up a C3088 Color Camera Module (aka. the Cam in the CMU and AVR Cameras). I am interested in connecting the 16-bit outputs as well as the clock, and image framing lines to a 3.3 volt...
7
7

which wireless connection should I buy?
I need to hook up a simple wireless connection between my laptop and my robot. I'm on a tight budget, so economy is the key feature I'm looking for. Range is not important (I'll never be standing more...
6
6

ultrasonic sensors => maxsonar EZ-1, SRF0x, or PING
Hi all, I'm trying to perform an experiment where my aerial robot follows a wall and then turns left when finding an opening (assuming the first opening it sees is a 6 foot doorway on its left of...
27
27

Measure salt water pressure
I`m building an underwater robot, and need a method to measure the water pressure (to determine depth). I have got a Motorola pressure sensor, but they say it may not survivie long in slat water. Any...
8
8

guess who's the new greatest expert on robots
8
8

Image Processing for a Submarine
Hi, I'm working on an unmanned submarine for my high school's robotics club. Right now we're using a CMU cam that tells us what colors are being detected, or something like that. We'd like to move...
4
4

How to reliably turn a tracked robot?
I'm building a laptop robot based on a RAD base (see [1], though I've done more work since last updating that page). It actually goes forward and backward in a straight line quite nicely, thanks to a...
14
14

Comau smart S2
So ... somehow, I have managed to get my paws on a Comau Smart S2 with a C3G Plus controller. Nice unused 6 axis bot. But, having been switched off for 2 years, the internal RAMDISK has forgotten...

I Want Too....
I would like to build a 6+ legged robot that I can make to operate autonomously, probably a high target to aim for for a first project but what the hell. I have both electronics and computer training...
14
14

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - December 18, 2006
UPDATE: Relay Link Restored After Orbiter's Recovery - sol 1043-1050, December 18, 2006: After Spirit drove on sol 1041 (Dec. 7, 2006), NASA's Mars Odyssey orbiter went into safe mode before the...

hopping humanoids, continued
I was reading through some earlier correspondence in this group in search of encoder links and i stumbled upon a "hopping humanoids" thread John Nagle was writing this: Why would you want a mechanical...
26
26