Subject Author Posted Replies

Servo Horn/Clevis?
I'm looking for what might best be described as a hybrid servo horn/clevis. What I need is basically a one-armed servo horn, but with a 2nd, parallel arm, spaced at about 3/32" from the first. This...
6
6

self aligning/mating shaft coupling
Hi People, I'm looking for a shaft coupling that will automatically align when a removable component is placed onto our unit. (So the shafts can be 'out of phase' while connecting ) At the moment I'm...
3
3

At what point PID and Odometry?
Here's a tread everyone can participate in. At what level of building do you switch over from simpler motion to PID and Odometry? or have you made the cross over? In my first robots, I used modified...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - December 5, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Slowly Begins Driving Again - sol 1024-1038, December 05, 2006: Spirit is healthy and preparing to drive away from the rover's winter station after completing scientific investigation...

Joints
in and out. with the wheels Try looking for "splined shafts" -- not actually a u-joint.
5
5

PIC single wire comms bus on UART?
Hi everyone, After looking at the data sheet for the 16F87x series, it appears that a 876 running at 16 MHz can talk over the hardware UART at 1 Mbps. I want to use a micro-controller to act as a new...
13
13

about artificial vehicle
Hi to every one here i m going to start a new project. I wish to design an artificial intellegent vehicle who can go on his way and turn around the corner also slows down on speed breaker and give...
1
1

Anyone know how to use BASIC stamp program, BOE or eb500?
Hi, I am currently doing a school project which involve the use of an eb500, sound module and BASIC stamp II attached to a BOE. We are using it to communicate with the handphone. Initially,the phone...
1
1

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - December 4, 2006
UPDATE: More Remote Science for Spirit - sol 1017-1023, December 04, 2006: Spirit is healthy. Downlink of information from the rover resumed after a 48-hour gap in downlink that resulted from NASA's...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - December 1, 2006
UPDATE: Passing the 1,000-Sol Mark - sol 996-1001, December 1, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and is driving to the promontory called "Cape St. Mary." From that vantage point, Opportunity will...

Need to test a motion sensing device
Hi, I built a small motion detection device (with a tri axial accelerometer) and I want to test it, I need to put it through a fixed set of known motions (1 to 6 g's) so I can verify it is working...
15
15

Sharp IS471 Frustration
I am trying to figure out how I can be goofing up a circuit that only has three parts. I am trying to use a Sharp IS471F IR proximity detector module. Here is the data sheet: . If I am reading the...
5
5

your development board?
Hi What kind of development board you are using in your robot? Arm? embedded PC? thanks from Peter (
2
2

AVR and dim LEDs?
Hello all. I have been working with PIC microcontrollers for over 2 years now and I am familiar with and like them. However, recently I have started dabbling with Atmel AVR microcontrollers to see...
3
3

where do I begin ?
I have read the faq's, and received some good info there. I have been building electronic instruments and gadgets for about 5 years now. I have a background in physics. Now it is time for me to start...
7
7