Subject Author Posted Replies

Mindstorm vs Mindstorm NXT
Hi, What is the difference between Mindstorm and Mindstorm NXT? My first impression from the LEGO site was the NXT is a "humanoid" robot. But maybe not. Would either be appropriate for a very bright...
2
2

Reading from different memory banks on an Acquisition control register
Hello, I am trying to update a labVIEW program that reads data from a circular buffer off a Struck SIS3300 FADC. I have two memory banks available for me to read and write data from, and I want to...

Can anyone reccomend a low-friction potentiometer?
I'd like to use some potentiometers to read the positions of output arms, but I'm finding that every pot I try takes a fair amount of force to turn. I'm building small robots, so I'm worried that...
4
4

Any simple collision detection ideas?
hello people I am trying to build a foot touch sensor mechanism for my hexapod walking robot using force sense resistors. The plan so far is to make something simple like this: As you can (hopefully)...
4
4

Sharp GP2Y0A02YK IR sensor
Hi all, I'm reading an analog signal from a Sharp IR sensor (GP2Y0A02YK) into my microcontroller. I have a few question I was hoping someone could answer: The values I get back from the sensor range...

Recommended Solder?
Greetings, Although this may seem a noobish question, I had to ask for some advice. I read that lead solder is really bad for you...so I was looking for some lead-free solder. I bought some...
4
4

Recommended Kits?
Hey guys, I'm going to be leaving the country soon and I wanted to stock up on good kits that have everything in the box. I don't care all that much what it does, just that it's intermediate level and...
3
3

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - November 13, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit's 'Arm' Busy Checking New Targets - sol 1013-1016, November 13, 2006: After Spirit's successful 0.71-meter (28-inch) bump on sol 1010, the team has new targets in the robotic arm's work...

serial large data storage for micros.
Does anyone know of any serial interfaced (RX/TX) 1Mb-ish, (or larger) flash ram storage systems for micros? Needs a simple file like indexed system, so data chunks can be written, retreived, and...
16
16

Docking Station using IR sensors
If anyone has an resoures on building a simple docking using IR sensors could you let me know. I was thinking of having a simple IR emmitter (At some known modulation) and a couple of respective...
1
1

Best buy for battery charger?
My ancient and reliable Tekin BC112 finally gave up the ghost and now my robots have no way to be recharged. I need another charger in the $100 range that will charge from 1 to 8 (at least) NiCd/NiMh...
10
10

Wireless Communication
Hi all, I am in the process of creating a small PIC based robot for a school project. I wish to be able to steer the robot wirelessly from my computer using an RS 232 port. I have all the necessary...
3
3

SRF08 vs. SRF10 => any performance differences??
Hi all, I'm looking to use the SRF08 or SRF10 for obstacle detection / wall following on my aerial robot. I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with both sensors and could tell me what...
2
2

I have to calculate the maximum shaft speed possible to maintain measurement reliability
if a photodiode with a rise time of 10 micro sec is used to detect the light modulation through an optical encoder disk with 1000 lines on it. how i can calculate the maximum shaft speed possible to...
2
2

how it could be connected to the PIC16F88 microcontroller?
I have to design an incremental optical disk position transducer system with a resolution better than 6o and need to draw a suitable interface circuit diagram showing how it could be connected to the...
1
1