Subject Author Posted Replies

Calculate the minimum number of lines required on the encoder disk if an optical incremental encoder is to be used?
A robot control system requires a shaft velocity measurement in the range 60-3600 rev/min with a resolution of 10%. The handshaking protocol allows communication to the computer only every 10 ms. I...
1
1

ultrasonic sensor for wall following
Hi all, I'm looking to do wall following with my helicopter and was hoping someone could suggest an ultrasonic sensor that is lightweight and efficient. I'm currently looking at Devantech's SRF08. Can...
6
6

Lens selection for ADNS optical mouse sensor?
Hi all, I'm looking to use the ADNS 2610 optical mouse sensor for position estimation of my helicopter during a hover (without GPS). Since I won't be flying at altitudes of 2 mm, I need to select and...
2
2

any experience with Blue Bird servos?
Robot magazine pointed out some new high-performance digital servos from Blue Bird, which sound really amazing for the price. The BMS-660MG [1], for example, hase 13 Kg cm of torque for only $42 (at...

Intellibrain 2
Anyone have any experience with RidgeSoft's Intellibrain 1 or 2? I've used 68HC11 assembly for years and am now using Java professionally, so it seemed a natural thing to try out. I also looked at the...

Encoders with QRD1114
Hello, is there anybody who tried to construct encoders with QRD1114 reflective IR sensor? What is your experience? Is this component suitable for encoders with segments cca 4 mm wide at the perimeter...
4
4

RAD the robot hack - was: subsumption
I thought I'd break this out into a new thread. I am hacking a RAD robot base, and if anyone is interested, there are several of these at auction on ebay and going for prices that are an absolute...
9
9

Replace an inductive joystick with a micro controller?
I recently bought a Pride Mobility Jet 1 power wheelchair on ebay, thinking what a great base it would make for a robot project. It's controlled by a Dynamic DL50UBR9 controller. As I investigated...
2
2

digitally controlled gears
sir, i am still novice to this field of robotics. we are designing micromouse. but we are facing problem in chasis designing. as you can predict we need to change speed of micromouse during turning...
4
4

Linear positioning
Hello, ik would like to build somthing like this: many off-the-shelf stuff works only straight and I would like to build a cheap version myself. If there is a good off-the-shelf product I would very...
7
7

Avoider III Build instructions
Hi, can anyone email a copy of the build instructions for a Movit Avoider III Robot (inc PCB assembly) If you can please email to Thanks in advance

New robot building forum
If you are interested in building robots, come join my new forum at It's a forum site for others to discuss building robots. Sorry for the spam, but some might be interested here. -rich

Interfacing
Dear Group, We have developed a new multi-purpose home automation application for Windows XP that may prove useful in the monitoring & testing of CMOS / TTL logic and interfacing circuitry, as it's...

Visual Odometry to Estimate Position without GPS??
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows of alternatives to getting position information without GPS? I have an indoor helicopter which I have autonomously hovering, but it starts to drift because of...
6
6

NXT???
Got NXT for my kid about a week ago. I'm a little underwhelmed. The software seems really poor to me. Slow, clunky and bloated. Also, the NXT block runs out of memory with just a couple of trivial...
6
6