Subject Author Posted Replies

Converting GPIO pins to IC2 on PIC10F2XX
I'm playing with the PIC10F2XX part and was wondering if anyone has created the code to convert a few of the GPIO pins to an IC2 port. I've done some searching on line, but can't seem to find anything...
3
3

computer-controlled electromagnet?
Hello. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen any computer-controlled electromagnets? I'd like to turn it on/off via USB or serial cable. It only needs to be powerful enough to hold a few ounces of...
5
5

Plastic gears???
Hey guys! I'm doing a small robot project (my first actually) and I can't find the plastic gear for it. The book requires 1.5 in. plastic gear, with about 40 teeth. Does anyone know where I can find...
6
6

"AI Motor" - a servo for small robots that isn't R/C servo based.
Here's something interesting: the "AI Motor". The manual for the thing is here: 's a strange mixture of English and Korean. The important stuff, like the block diagrams and protocol specs, are in...
3
3

F.S.-Android and Humanoid heads
Hello, Cleaning out time of the year-Need some shelf space badly so I am offering up these heads to start out with. If there is interest in this sorta thing here will offer up body, limbs and joints...
2
2

avr help
hai guys i really flushed out in searching for a avr i got some , like pony prog winavr etc iam unable to program my avr ic atmega8515.iam using XP in my system.i like any of you to help me sort in...
5
5

Beginning Robotics
Hey guys! I was looking for some advice. I'm interested in robot-building as a hobby...do you guys have any idea where to start? I mean, I want to take this seriously but don't want to spend thousands...
16
16

UNIFYING COMPUTING AND COGNITION
New book: UNIFYING COMPUTING AND COGNITION The SP Theory and its Applications J Gerard Wolff 2006, ISBN 0-9550726-1-1 (Print edition), ISBN 0-9550726-0-3 (Ebook edition). Further information:...

Which Power Processor Board?
Hi all, I'm considering getting an additional processor for my robot - the purpose of which will to deal with all the computationally intenstive tasks (Map building, Navigation and Localisation - all...
15
15

Roomba as a robotics development platform
As I have been shopping for a robotics platform to start doing some real robotics work, I think I am focusing on the Roomba robotic vacuum. I was surprised to see that iRobot made it hackable with an...

Heli robot ?
I've been playing with one of those indoor model helicopters. Mine is called the 'BladeRunner 2', but I expect that it will be sold under other names as well - blade diameter 300mm. I'm very impressed...
8
8

Halloween Fun
Hi All, We found this fun site just in time for the Halloween season ... a browser controlled moveable skeleton. From the site: "The TeleToyland Tele-Skeleton is a six foot tall glow-in-the-dark robot...

I2C and usart together on ATMega8
Hi all! I'd like to use my ATmega8 as interface between USART and i2c (and for some other things too, but it's not important for my problem). When i write support for I2C in my code (i'm using Procyon...
1
1

PPM signal decoding and driving 10 RC servo motors
Hi All, Is there an open source PIC project out there which can do PPM signal decoding from a RC (Radio Control) transmitter and drive 10 servo motors with a PIC (PIC18F6680) and a CD4017 decade...

Suggestions for bare minimum for microcontroller experiments....
Hi, After a few months of reading webpages about microcontrollers, I figured it's time to just jump in and get my feet wet. So, my question: if I purchased the following downloaded: I have absolutely...
3
3