Subject Author Posted Replies

Obsolete Vector 2X compass
Hello, I am desperate to find the obsolete PNI Vector 2X (not the newer V2Xe) compass module. Maybe one of you robot builders still have one somewhere in a pile of junk? Maybe you could suggest an old...
2
2

What is a behavior?
Jones example on pg 49 of a "primative behavior" includes a trigger. He says, "Primitive behaviors, as we use the term in behavior-based robotics, have two parts: "1. A control component that...
38
38

Source Sealed Potentiometers?
Can anybody recommend a source of miniature multi-turn potentiometers, protected to IP67 or 68 for a marine application? Thanks. JM
2
2

OOPIC code for Parallax Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor
Does anyone have an OOPIC code example that use the Parallax Ping))) ultrasonic range sensor? I've been using code that works for the Devantech SRF04's, but does not work for the Ping))). Regards, Rob

onamission.org.uk , industrial heritage and future
I have just joined the group. We are and interested in using industrial heritage to promote engineering and make contemp. with modern age. My PhD was in robotics and parallel processing, and in its...

NASA Mars Rover Arrives at Dramatic Vista on Red Planet
Sept. 27, 2006 Erica Hupp/Dwayne Brown Headquarters, Washington 202-358-1237/1726 Guy Webster Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. 818-354-6278 RELEASE: 06-324 NASA MARS ROVER ARRIVES AT...

Accelerometers, microcontrollers, displays...
It's about 5 years since I was last here, so please forgive me if this is a FAQ. I'm looking to build a 3-axis (or is that 6-axis?) accelerometer that would produce output on a digital display. On a...
8
8

Enclosures
Dear Group, Can anbody reccommend a company (in europe, even better Switzerland) which I can give a dwg and a piece of an enclosure and get it back with the appropriate holes in it (without me having...
8
8

Holy Hopping Humanoids, Batman!
Just a little follow-up on an earlier thread, where it seemed that some posters believed the Robo-One robots were mere remote-controlled stock kits with little of interest to offer... is a humanoid...
14
14

Intelligent Wheelchair (Do not miss to read it !!! )
hallo friends .. this is mahesh Kedari. my final year project is smart wheelchair in which i m thinking to add an artificial intelligence. This wheel chair will be a combination of manual and machine...
3
3

Mars Exploration Rover Update #2 - September 22, 2006
UPDATE: Nearly There! - sol 941-946, September 22, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and very near "Victoria Crater." The rover spent its week completing an alpha particle X-ray spectrometer observation of...

Small low-cost embedded board for a model airplane
Hello Robotics Gurus, For a real-time signal monitoring and logging application, I am loking a small, low power and light weight microcontroller board. This board will be carried on a remotely piloted...

4 X RS-232 on a PIC
Hi, I want to ask expert advise how can I have four RS232 interface on a single PIC microcontroller? (I'm planning to use PIC18F6680 on SBC68EC board from Modtronix, )Thanks, Miem Chan miemchan at...
2
2

Worm Gearbox as substitute for servo
I've been investigating the possibility of using a worm gearbox with encoder as a more economical substitute for servos, even for things like Robo-One humanoids. It sounds nutty, but it just might...
6
6

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 22, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Activates New Software - sol 964-969, September 22, 2006: Following some dramatic scrambling by rover handlers to command both Mars Exploration Rovers to switch to new flight software...