Subject Author Posted Replies

idea for a low-cost alternative to servos
Servos really aren't the ideal shape for making a robotic joint, as was recently discussed in another thread. You really want something with a through-shaft, like the Tamiya Worm Gear Box HE. But then...
6
6

RC car + picaxe == ??
Hey all. I've got a fairly simple remote control car which is just begging for a microcontroller and some robotification. However, I'm not sure what it should be used for. I was considering line...
6
6

Freeware or Shareware for Robot CAD design
Since the subject was brought up in another topic, I thought I would make it a topic itself. A few companies have started to offer drafting and 3d design software for free (in hopes you will...
6
6

Stepper motor Visual Basic
I am fishing through all the stuff available and I am overwhelmed with systems. I am going to select a motor which should be no problem. I am really looking for a near complete system, motor,...

NASA Rover Opportunity Takes First Peek Into Victoria Crater
MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIF. 91109 TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 Webster 818-354-6278...
1
1

wiring custom JST connectors?
Does anybody know of a source for bare JST (aka GWS-like or BEC-style) connectors, without wires already attached? In some cases I'd like to choose my own wire gauge and length, but unlike some other...
6
6

"Squish" and "Brontus"
Before this news group finally drowns in the noise, here are two links to robots. The first one, Squish, is a four legged mobile platform made form 1/8" plywood. No sensors yet, but the controller has...
26
26

An Idea That Will Rocket Robotics
You make those new Manoi kits upgradeable the way desktop computers are. You then have a place in the middle of the manoi for a pda/cellphone making it useful. Then you get latex, the kind they use to...
15
15

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 15, 2006
UPDATE: Grinding into 'Cape Faraday' - sol 936-940, September 15, 2006: Opportunity is healthy and is currently driving toward "Victoria Crater," which is a little over 100 meters (328 feet) away. On...

am a beginner in robotics
i'm a mechanical engg,a beginner with robotics.will anyone plz tell me abt the port programming in C or C++ to control my robotic what are the other ways to control it eloctronically with a remote...
3
3

Got robot insurance ?
Got robot insurance ? I wonder if this is from SNL or something ?:
3
3

regenerative motor driver ?
I am considering the Sabertooth 2x10RC Motor Controller as advertised in the latest Servo magazine. I am curious about the following text I quoted from their website ( . How exactly do the batteries...
5
5

Mars Exploration Rover Update - September 14, 2006
UPDATE: The Martian Sun Also Rises as Winter Retreats - sol 957-963, September 14, 2006: Spirit is beginning to see an upward trend in electrical power as winter slowly recedes and the sun ascends...

Robotic in hospital
DAYTON, TENN. - Jesse Sullivan has two prosthetic arms, but he can climb a ladder at his house and roll on a fresh coat of paint. He's also good with a weed-whacker, bending his elbow and rotating his...

PACTS/FRANKLIN INSTITUTE ROBOT EXPO
Event: PACTS/FRANKLIN INSTITUTE ROBOT EXPO When: October 20,21,2006 Where: Franklin Institute Science Museum 20th & Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA The Franklin Institute & The Philadelphia...