Subject Author Posted Replies

new certification in robotics
A new certification is now available for industrial robotics. Jobs in Automation are on the rise, you can get certified. Visit for more details.

Attention all Private Vocational Schools in North America
You can now become members of the RCSA group. Your school can offer the CIRP program. go to for more information

Certified Industrial Robotics Programmer CIRP
Attention all students, RCSA is now offering a certification for industrial robots. ABB, Motoman and Panasonic are the participating manufacturers. Go to for more information.
1
1

Course Notes for Machine Vision
eeNotes and slides for a course in Applied Machine Vision These notes in Applied Machine Vision were developed in 1985 for a 3 day industry course. The course was presented at Ryerson University. It...
1
1

Robot Simulator Software
Hai, I was wondering if there exists an integrated robot simulator..........i mean a simulator where i can somehow input the geometry of the links or the design of a mobile robot.......specifications...
6
6

Looking For Scorbot ER III Original Control Software
I have a Scorbot ER-3 and controller and need to find the original control software for my robot. I found a link to a copy of the User's Manual but have been unsucessful in finding the software I...

OT: Jet Engine Beetle !
I was going over the metalworking newsgroup to get some ideas on the previously posted servo spline cutter thingee, and ran across this tidbit. It's off topic, but I think this group will appreciate...
1
1

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - August 25, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Mid-Winter Studies of Martian Rocks and Soil - sol 933-942, August 25, 2006: Spirit continued to make progress on the rover's winter campaign of science observations,...

Path of a single wheel
Hello, I have a simple device : a vertical wheel bound to an horizontal bar. The bar always belongs to the plan of the wheel (the wheel is bounded to follow the bar direction). The movement of the...
5
5

Where is behavior AI now?
I am rereading Brooks, _Cambrian Intelligence_, again. It occurs to me that artificial intelligence will be found in the decisions that switch behaviors rather than the layers of behavior themselves....
101
101

device to press R/C servo spline grooves into a hole ?
Anybody know of a mechanical device to "carve" or press the spline grooves into a hole so we can use custom components on a R/C servo ? I know there are several alternatives such as those gears and...
21
21

Robotics FAQ
Finally, a revision to the Robotics miniFAQ for Beginners. In 13 pages the FAQ addresses a.. Where Can I Find Information on Robots and Robot Clubs? b.. What Introductory Books and Magazines Are...

Cordless, cool touch soldering tool
Cold Heat Soldering Iron $19.99 plus s&H ************************************A perfect demonstration of the cordless, quick-heat/quick-cool application of Cold Heat technology, the Cold Heat soldering...
5
5

really cheap R/C servo tester ?
Is there a really cheap way to make an R/C servo tester that cycles it back and forth ? I'm talking less than 10 bucks. I saw something at Lynxmotion or Parallax or somewhere like that for around $18....
13
13

DIY strain-relief on wires to PCBs ?
I have found on some PCB device that wire leads attached directly to the board eventually break at the point of soldering. Has anyone had any drawbacks to putting a dab of silicone sealant right there...
6
6