Subject Author Posted Replies

Budget Robotics' Big Gripper arrived promptly and in good shape!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered Gordon's new Big Gripper and it arrived promptly and in good shape! It was easy to put together ( even without reading the instructions ). The only...

seamless join of plates at 135-degree angle?
I want to build an octagonal box, whose sides would be cut from something like laser-cut 1/8-inch lexan sheet. But I'd really like the corners of the box to be as smooth and seamless as possible, and...
12
12

facial expression survey request
Hi all, this is a post requesting your kind participation to a survey that Gianluca Antonini and I have prepared in the study of human perception and classification of emotions. The survey consists in...

Robot in Land Rover Commercial?
Howdy Folks, Saw this commercial last night: was wondering about the robot used in it. Anyone know anything about it? Curious if it actually exists, or was just a prop for the commercial. Steve
11
11

Asimov's 'Robotics' FAQ...
It is a subject of debate in Nationalist circles as to the real extent of "Jewish genius." To what degree is the undoubtedly disproportionate Jewish influence in a nation's intellectual life the...
10
10

Power assist for humans
Just saw it on TV, thought I'd share it here.
1
1

Implement kalman filter for inertial system?
I have a inertial measurement unit (IMU) and a GPS. The IMU has a data output rate of 200 Hz for roll rate, pitch rate, yaw rate, acceleration x, y and z. The GPS has a data output rate of 1 Hz. Is it...
3
3

Where is the Futaba 601CR servo ?
So WHERE are the slick robotics oriented servos that I have been seeing in the Futaba ad pages for almost a year (maybe only 6 months) ? The number on them is "601CR" or "601CA", none of which leads...
1
1

capturing new users (one newbie's perspective)
From that "trouble with hobbyist-level robot hardware" thread, I surfed over to to see what one of the posters (apparently the founder of New Micros) was talking about. I see that I'd been here...
15
15

IEEE MRSC Portland
'R' Junk Works participated in the IEEE Portland Mobile Robotic Software Challenge on August 8th. The computer vision software we used to win the event is available from our web site at If you are...

stepper motor torque
Any good way to estimate torque for stepper motors you can't find documents for (except for buying a 600 bucks torque meter. :)
8
8

Laser-Camera triangulation for 3D
I am looking for available source code (C, C++, Matlab, ...) and examples of Laser-Camera triangulation method for 3D reconstruction thanks Phil
1
1

jniwrapper

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - August 18, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Checking 'Korolev' - sol 929-932, August 18, 2006: Spirit is healthy and continues to make progress on its winter science campaign. Spirit is finishing the "McMurdo mega-panorama" by...

SONY PSP to Sony Aibo Controler.
I just recently ran across an article about the PSP to Aibo controler. I know everybody has heard of this hoax. But perhaps not everone has heard of someone actually making it work. Of course this has...