Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I measure amps?
Showing my ignorance again... I'm developing a test bed to determine the optimum specifications for the track drive and in doing this, am using a 12 volt geared windshield wiper using a car battery...
18
18

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - August 11, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Survives Second Winter Solstice on Mars - sol 922-928, August 11, 2006: Spirit has now survived the rover's second Martian winter solstice -- the shortest day of the year with the least...

Stepper Motor
Hello, Currently, I have a stepper motor and driver/controller package from Isert Electronic. I can't find any documentation at all (I think it's at least 15 years old), so I can't control the motor....
1
1

Budget Robotics has new Big Gripper ! Slick !
After bragging about New Micros I was thinking that I wish I had purchased something from Budget Robotics so I could brag on Gordon's company. So I surfed over there and to my pleasant surprise...
3
3

L297/L298 Help. Please :)
Hello all, I am trying to build a stepper controller for a bipolar 2A/Phase stepper motor, but I am having some trouble. My circuit is like the one on the data sheet ( with some changes. For one the...
1
1

[Announce] ColdFire MCF5213 Evaluation Kit
This low cost ColdFire evaluation board with GCC development software is all in a package costing less than 100 UK Pounds ( 140 Euro ). It makes an ideal evaluation kit for getting started on ColdFire...

Need to limit stall current of 37 amps !!!
Well with the help of Dave at New Micros ( ) I have recently discovered that the DC drive motors I purchased a while back have a whopping stall current of 37 amps. Yikes!!!! So I am asking for...
10
10

Service from New Micros is GREAT !!!!
Hello everyone. Having seen an occasional "warning" posts on this group regarding some vendors out there, I felt it only fair to let everyone know of the EXCEPTIONAL service I have received from New...
2
2

how to control stepper motor
i have just started to work upon my 1st robot.. at 1st i m trying to make my robo movement control mechanism.. i have a stepper motor with 5 wires from it.. but i dont kno how to work with this.. i...
4
4

Robot Covering
Anybody know a good source for covering robots to make them look like animals or humans?
4
4

Winter Solstice on Mars: Rovers Look Forward to A Second Martian Spring
Solstice on Mars: Rovers Look Forward to A Second Martian Spring August 07, 2006 Like the fabled tortoise that, in the race with the hare, moves slowly yet accomplishes much, NASA's Mars Exploration...
5
5

Non-contact infrared thermometer for hobbiest
From where can I obtain sensor to build a non-contact infrared thermometer ? (I know I can buy a ready to use hand held non-contact infrared thermometers, but I m electroics and robitics hobbiest. I...
3
3

New to the realm of robotics
Hi, I'm new, I don't know a thing about making robots or programming them. How do I start? Manga:)
7
7

newbie looking for info
I'm a has-been geek who grew up on C64s and Amigas. I have a non-professinoal background in programming from the late 80's. I'm bored with the whole PC realm and am fascinated with robotics. I believe...
15
15

Electric Power and the Tesla car
Apparently the Tesla Motors people in Silicone Valley have discovered the ultimate in battery, electric motor, recharging time and control. It will be interesting to see if any of this technology...
8
8