Any interfaces for automotive sonars?

There are many good, rugged, weatherproof automotive sonar sensors. But it's hard to find computer-interfaceable drive electronics
for them. We've looked, hard.
Yes, there are many circuits for using those ancient, fragile Polaroid sensors from the 1980s. And there are systems that use more modern sensors, like Devantek. But they don't support the ruggedized automotive-grade sensors.
Somebody should design a good board for this. We've seen a bad design, one that doesn't have the variable-gain amplifier needed to get any decent range. So it uses a sensor good out to 10 meters or so and only gets about 1 meter.
Anybody working on this?
            John Nagle             Team Overbot
John -
Just a suggestion.... You or your team can build one and market it. Then use the proceeds to help fund your vehicle.
---The Mad Jesuit

Hi Folks,
Ok, you have my interest . . . What price range are we talking about here? I'm a software type with EE degree (never used) :p I have Radar, Sonar, Digital Signal Processing in Real Time skills/experience. Where would I direct my focus? I've learned enough about myself to know that I'm not a good Marketeer . . . What would you pay and what, how complex the system? I have ideas, too many ideas and skills to back them up, but I don't see the point of doing a very complex system, complex interface if I can't sell it close to my break even cost.
Sincerely, -KC.
P.S. - Is my target market Hobbyists? VARs/Resellear/OEMs? Commercial? DOD/Military? Price range $50 - $250? or $50,000 - $500,000? I *really* do not know . . ! -KC.