Best Rated threads in General Robotics Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Salvaging Components---Where Do YOU Get Them?
When building somethng like a CNC machine, robot or automatic beer dispenser, many of us reuse components from many different sources that we find surplus....in dumpsters, junkyards, scraping older...
68
68

Roboscout - Any info?
I just picked up one of these at a flea market. Paid $120. I couldn't resist. Unsure if it worked, it still looked so darn cute. I brought it home, and it worked just fine. Bot and remote worked...
6
6

Unmanned Ground and Sea Systems Conference
Unmanned Ground and Sea Systems Conference April 5-7, 2006 - Washington, DC April 5, 2006: DAY 1 0900-0905 Administrative Announcements 0905-0935 KEYNOTE ADDRESS: "Challenges Facing the Unmanned...

will it help using shielded cable in DC motor to reduce noise?
will it help using shielded cable in DC motor to reduce noise? if yes how should i do it? just connect the shield to the motor housing and to the ground? will it help in any way or it neglectable...
5
5

Velleman K8055 - First Look
I went to "You Do It Electronics," the closest thing the Boston area has to a Fry's, and found that they had them. Fortunately, they had them marked incorrectly on their website, $29.90 rather than...
2
2

Third Edition?
"As someone who has purchased books by Gordon McComb, you might like to know that Robot Builder's Bonanza, Third Edition will be released in paperback soon." What's up Gordon? What's new in there?
1
1

Robot arm, running control cables through joints -how to.
Here's the problem; Say you have a robot arm which has several joints along it's length, each one is driven by a pair of steel cables. The other ends of the cables are connected to gearmotors which...
10
10

Machine spline for servo horns
I have a lathe and milling machine and would like to make my own parts for servo motors horns, wheels, or take up spools. But how does one go about machining that serrated interior hole? Is there some...
3
3

where can I get an AIBO and a PINO
Hi All My son is showing signs of interest in robotics and I was thinking of getting him a PINO. He is only 1.75 years old and think he will enjoy playing with it. Does anyone know where I can get one...
5
5

Localization in a warehouse corridor
I want expert advise on indoor localization. Imagine an autonomous floor cleaner working in a corridor of a warehouse or a hospital or a school . How we can find its position (localize it) ? Odometry...
4
4

Developing a robot worth buying
My company has funding to expand our product line into some new areas such as robotics. We are willing to take some risks in order to enter a new market. Our current expertise is electronics,...
72
72

JR3 force sensors and LabVIEW VIs by Dr. Norberto Pires
Has anyone use the free LabVIEW VIs by Dr. Norberto Pires to communicate with a JR3 force sensor? I am attempting to use "Initialization " and I do not know what sort of structures are needed for...

SN754410 alternative anynone?
Hello group. I have been looking for an SN754410 alternative without success. I need a device with similar electrical characteristics (two coil drivers, 1A drive per channel, 4.5-30V input), but in a...
3
3

Kalman filter for "dummies"
I do not have strong math background, I am not math guru but I want to learn Kalman filtering with simple examples. Can someone help me with step by step examples please? Thanks
9
9

Minimal multi-drop serial protocol for motor controllors and sensors.
I've been thinking about requirements for a protocol as described in the Subject. The idea is to use it in robots etc as a flexible interconnect for actuators and sensors. The requirements as I see...
35
35

Need references on Ackerman steering, theory and kinematics
I've been asked to take a look at algorithms for treating an Ackerman steering system for a robotics path-planning application. Although I've done web searches and found thousands of references, few...
9
9

Using Neural Networks as autopilot for a model airplane
I am searching (via Google as well) for references for how artifical neural networks can be used as an autopilot for model airplanes. Any help appreciated. What type/topology of neural network would...
11
11

D-Zone programmable robots
I have completed a game called D-Zone II, which is the sequel to the popular Shareware release (D-Zone) around 1992. The game-play is the same as the original except the graphics are more...

Sources for Cheap Miniature Ball Screws?
IMO you either watch eBay or use the 5/8" diameter by .2" pitch cheapy from Thomson is the name you can trust for high quality, innovation, on-time delivery, controlled costs and reduced risk. The...
7
7

Control a RoboSapien from a PC
Hi, I am contemplating buying a RoboSapien for fun and experimentation. have found a site that lists the IR codes for the robosapien: a Palm program that you can use to control it: I was wondering...
4
4