Best Rated threads in General Robotics Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery powered wireless ethernet bridge
I'm planning to use a TINI board with ethernet port to control a small robot. I need a wireless bridge to communicate with the board. D-Link DWL-810+ () can be a good option but it has a high power...
2
2

Kudzu robot idea
I had this idea, though I'd post it here. I'm amazed at the lack of useful robots in this day and age! I think this one could work. Kudzu is a big problem down south. Fields are overun with it and...
8
8

Work Area Ideas?
I moved into a new house and have the chance to build up a workarea for my robotics hobby. I'm looking for ideas or tips on what I should consider in my workbench and workarea design. I'm brand new to...
10
10

OMG new product, ultra cool
I saw it, I jumped out of my skin. NewMicros' Tinipod. Now to find something to "robotize" Mike
15
15

NIKKO steering servo
Has anyone hacked into the steering servo on the NIKKO remote controlled cars? I just bought a car at a garage sale and the servo turns on 3 vdc straight to the motor. It is a four lead device with...
1
1

Ametek 30VDC 40VDC 50VDC MOTORS
Hi, Anyone familliar with green Ametek motors that can be found in old tape drives, and mainframes? They are about 5" tall green. They are permanent magnet motors which can be used as generators. I am...

Looking for datasheet for ST VV5351 optical mouse sensor
Hi, I am looking for the connection diagram of the ST VV5351 optical mouse sensor. It is a 44 pin SMD device made of clear plastic. I offer 10 of these sensors (free P&P) to poster of the first...

flanged ball bearings
Mitch Berkson http://www.wmberg.com/
2
2

Seeking Info: VSI Pan/Tilt/Zoom Mount Model 4600000G1
I have a number of these units but cannot find any details regarding interfacing, etc. The label only shows "VSI PAN TILT MODEL 4600000G1", apparently mfg 1995. They were likely intended for remote...
1
1

melt ABS pellets on kitchen stove ?
I saw an ad on eBay for "Green Cycolac ABS Resin" pellets. Is this = something that could be melted on a kitchen stove and poured into a mold = ? Any comments on this sort of thing are welcome! Thanks...
15
15

Stepper Motor Help
I really did my own research but can not find anything on this servo. I checked the Minebea site, Astrosyn site, and still can't get the information to control the motor. Any help appreciated....
8
8

Sharp LCD screen
Howdy all. I was rooting through a box of old/misc electronics stuff, and I came across an old Gameboy Pocket that I had forgotten about. I turned it on, it worked...so i disassembled it, scrounging...
1
1

removable potting compound ?
Is there such a thing as a removable potting compound of the type used = in electronics?=20 I'm looking for something to secure wires and/or screw settings against = vibration and strain but that can...
11
11

6 Wire Servo
Could someone explain how a 6 wire servo works? I found one when I opened up an RC toy car from Radioshack. It has 2 wires that go to the motor and 4 wires that go to some kind of pot I think: on a...
11
11

Futaba FP-S29 Servos
We are using 4 Futaba FP-S29 Servos to control a human powered submarine, however the group before us did not leave us with a battery pack and the Futaba website has the servos listed as...
1
1

COMAU Tricept HP1 with C3G
Hello, is there anybody out there who is familiar with the mentioned robot. We got one here and want to use it for handling a laser. The problem is, that we don=B4t know anybody who is familiar with...
1
1

GWServo S06/2BBMG" heavy duty servo acts funny ?
I have a "GWServo S06/2BBMG" heavy duty servo I bought off of eBay last year. Seems to work OK, except that sometimes when I set some positions after 90 degrees using a Phidgets Servo controller, it...
3
3

Epson SPEL language
Hello, I recently was forced to go to a DOS based SPEL 80M software for programming my robots due to a failure of my Epson HC-20 mini-computer (circa 1983) Does anybody know of a manual or user guide...
3
3

Now out -- SPO256 "Alternative"
A few months ago I mentioned I had learned about the development of a new, low-cost speech synthesis chip that could largely replace the old General Instruments SPO256. Unfortunately, I soon later...
8
8

BSim Robot Simulator
Hi everyone, My name is Daniel Roth and the BSim Robot Simulator which accompanies Joe Jone's new book was my bit of handiwork. Joe and I hope that the simulator will give people a chance to...
2
2