Best Rated threads in General Robotics Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is there a Mabuchi motor distributor?
Was just looking at the products on the Mabuchi web site. As far back as I can remember, as a kid, any time I took a motorized toy apart, it had a Mabuchi motor in it. And they have so many sizes, if...
2
2

computer-controlled electromagnet?
Hello. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen any computer-controlled electromagnets? I'd like to turn it on/off via USB or serial cable. It only needs to be powerful enough to hold a few ounces of...
5
5

Using MIDI Files to Control Animatronics Info Please
Using MIDI Files to Control Animatronics Info Please Is anyone using MIDI files to control Animatronics? I have heard that the best way to control individual actions of a robot is by using MIDI files...
1
1

fanuc robot: TP to LS
This is about a robot model R-J3iB from I couldn't find this info anywhere, on how to build the TP file with something like maketp. I've got ROBOGUIDE installed and working fine, where I can run a...
1
1

how to "smoke" clear plastic?
I have a clear plastic shell. I don't know exactly what sort of plastic it is, but it's probably not polycarbonate; it was cheap (bought it at the dollar store). I need to paint this with something...
14
14

Non-reflective material for IR
Which materials have the non-reflective property to infra-red (IR) light ?
5
5

Removing gearhead from Maxon motor
I have a couple of Maxon motors and would like to swap gearheads. They are both 16mm diameter. I can't figure out how to remove the gearheads. There are no apparent screws holding them on. Thanks for...
12
12

device to press R/C servo spline grooves into a hole ?
Anybody know of a mechanical device to "carve" or press the spline grooves into a hole so we can use custom components on a R/C servo ? I know there are several alternatives such as those gears and...
21
21

Desoldering question
I started doing hobby electronics again fairly recently, and recycling/ scavenging is a big draw for me. As it happens, my company throws away lots of useful stuff, and over the past year I've brought...
13
13

Need good reference to derive Jacobian
I'd like to derive the Jacobian matrix for the Space Station RMS, so I wonder if the group can recommend a good reference book. Perhaps JJ Craig's Intro to Robotics? In particular I want to use the...

Distance Sensors
Hi, I'm looking for an accurate distance sensor (I guess that a sonar will be the best). The sensor I'm looking for should be interfaced easily with a PC (RS-232, USB). Thanks!
5
5

UMI RTX robot
Dear everyone, I am working on a UMI RTX robot for my thesis. Does anyone have a ready code to control this robot? In visual c++. thanks
2
2

MIDI in with Basic Stamp II
I'm making an automated drum machine for my senior design project and so far I have it set up to simply play off a loop of high/low commands programmed onto the stamp... want it to be able to read...
1
1

how to tell if cutting board is Delrin ?
I suspect an old kitchen cutting board I have is Delrin. Is there any = way to tell ? ( no markings that I can see ... ) It is about 1/2 inch thick and kind of milky-translucent. Also, edges = melt...
10
10

AVRcam vs CMUcam
I imagine there are people around here who have used both of these devices. I picked up an AVRcam this week, and started playing with it. The thing sends out a "torrent" of data in ET = color-blob...
8
8

ultrasonic sensors => maxsonar EZ-1, SRF0x, or PING
Hi all, I'm trying to perform an experiment where my aerial robot follows a wall and then turns left when finding an opening (assuming the first opening it sees is a 6 foot doorway on its left of...
27
27

Can you ID this motor?
I'm new to electronics and thought I was working with a DC motor. The reason I thought it was DC was becuase it was powered by a single AA battery. After reading the information at I'm thinking the...
3
3

Parallel Port Interface/ADC0820 HELP PLEASE!!!
Hello All, I have a serious problem getting my circuit to work, and maybe someone here can help. I read threads here all the time, and have gotten some help one or twice (who knows, maybe someday ill...
10
10

please help profile cutter
Hi I am looking for imformation or schematics for a MAGIC EYE PLASMA PROFILE CUTTER ,this is the type where you put a drawing down & the eye traces the black line of the drawing . I would like to...

Digital RC Servo Jitter
I'm working on building a low-cost precision 3 axis stage actuated by small digital RC servos. It seems that the digital servos I'm using (JR DS368's) don't run smoothly between steps. Even when I...
9
9