Best Rated threads in General Robotics Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Digital RC Servo Jitter
I'm working on building a low-cost precision 3 axis stage actuated by small digital RC servos. It seems that the digital servos I'm using (JR DS368's) don't run smoothly between steps. Even when I...
9
9

Laptop-Webcam Robot for the real world
A company I work for is planning on opening a branch location. We will be sending partially constructed welded structures, and a crew on site will be responsible for finishing them. The structures...
11
11

RS-485 or I2C?
I'm trying to decide the architecture for my mobile robot, and I'm open for suggestions. Here's what I need to do: Fact: Brain of the robot will reside on a PC. This PC has standard ports (serial,...
26
26

Lego Mindstorms | RCX.NET | SDK 2.0 vs 2.5
can be found at... anyone who's been trying to use to write Lego Mindstorms controlling programs in Visual Studio .NET, you'll need Lego Mindstorms SDK 2.0 found at . I've tried using 2.5 and found I...
1
1

most silent RC servo?
I am trying to build a gadget with a RC hobby servo. What I need is about 60-90 RPM and that seems doable with a regular hobby servo. So I bought a couple of cheap ones (15-20 euro/$) from which I...
4
4

Hall effect sensors for odometry
Well, I've finally done it. My site is up with some basic info about a design that's been banging around in my head for awhile dealing with motor/wheel speed sensors. For practicality, this would...

Using a PLC to program a Tic-Tac-Toe Game
I'm a college student who is just now beginning to be aquainted with the inner workings of a PLC. Currently my partner and I are working to make a Tic-Tac-Toe Game using a PLC with 16 inputs and...
19
19

Practical Robotics Magazine 1984
In the September/October 1984 issue of Practical Robotics there is an article on the Texas Instruments TMS1000 processor used in the BigTrak. Where can I find a copy of this article? Charlie A search...
12
12

Photo gallery of the 2003 Seattle Robothon
Solarbotics went to Seattle, and had a great time at the 2003 Robothon. Feel free to come and have a boo at the pics: turning the videos into MPGs, so gimme a day or two to get them online... Regards,...
4
4

Re: Speaking of bi-peds and jobs
One job they don't list is Director of Reality. After all the robotics companies that have come and gone, they should know they need someone who can determine what people are actually willing to buy,...
5
5

Signal Cable for Mitsubishi Movemaster RM 501 - Info Required
Hi, I have come across an abandoned Mitsubishi Movemaster RM 501. I believe I have the complete system (arm, controller, manual), but am missing one cable - that connects motor control signals from...

How many g's can a typical circuit board withstand?
Hi, Does anyone know how many g's (acceleration) a typical circuit board (surface mount if it matters) can withstand? Recently, a rep from the U.S. Military purchased a few of my MAVRIC boards and...
41
41

Fractional Horsepower motors
I am looking for a supplier of .20 to .25 horse power motors with a rande of 6 to 12 volts, or 12 to 24 volts. I have been looking up places that sell electric bike kits, but so far the ones I have...

Ball screw reduction ratio
Hi, How can I calculate the reduction ration of a ball screw? For example, let's say I have a DC motor spinning at 3000RPM, with a maximum of 2000oz-in torque. If I couple the motor to a ballscrew...
15
15

Advantages & Disadvantage of SCADA system?
Any body please tell me briefly what are the Advantages & Disadvantage of SCADA system? in practical world?. best regards, Rizwan SCADA stands for "Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition". There are...
29
29

Stepper motors (2)
Hello everybody, I want to add a motor to my webcam to be able to turn it remotely and I want to do this out of spare computer parts, if possible. I've obtained a 4 phase unipolar stepper motor from...
3
3

ROTATING SHAFT ENGAGE / DISENGAGE
Does anyone know of a standard coupling which allows a rotating shaft, after halting, to disengage ( one side is retracted w/ linear actuator 1/4" to 1/2" ) as the other side is moved +/- 12" , as...
7
7

What glue is best for HPDE ( high density polyethylene ) ?
What kind of glue is best for HPDE ( high density polyethylene ) ? I just need to glue a few flat pieces together, then cut them up and do = some milling on the sandwiched pieces. What about ABS...
18
18

Need Panasonic Robot Help (Pana Robo - HR55
I am looking for some assistance with a Panasonic Robot our school received as a donation. The robot in question is: Pana Robo - HR55 (Robot) Panadac - 391 (Controller) Handheld Programmer (Teaching...

Mitsubishi Movemaster RM-101 Manuals or software sources
I'm new to robotics and just got a Mitsubishi Movemaster RM-101 Robotoc Arm from about 1984 and the only documentation I got was a pin out I'm hoping somebody can steer me towards some documentation...