Best Rated threads in General Robotics Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unable to re-assemble automatic center punch
Hi All, I took apart my automatic center punch (Lisle p/n 30280) and son of a gun, careful as I was, the parts sprayed everywhere. I'm pretty sure I recovered all the parts, but truth-be-told, I've...
2
2

What microcontroller do the Mars Rovers use?
Hi All, I'm assuming the Mars Rovers use some sort of microcontroller and was wondering if anyone knows exactly which one it is. Thanks, Jim R. Micro-controller !! Somewhere I have a web site that...
5
5

Electromagnetic noise in simple L293D dc motor circuit + ATMega
Hi, I have some weird noisy behaviour in my circuit and I can't explain it. The setup is very simple: driving a dc motor with a L293D (actually a L293DNE), controlled via an Atmel ATMega32(no PWM,...
5
5

Tasman Turtle Logo-Style robot
Hi, I recently acquired a Tasman Turtle...early 80s Logo-style two wheel turtle robot. (A few pics here to a Robotics Age editorial (May/June, 1983 Vol. 5 No. 3) there was an RS232-C version and an...

rOBOTICS WORKSHOP
Dear Members, Welcome to ROBOmaniacs 2009 (27 and 28 march 2009) at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad! Thanks for your overwhelming response! ! WORKSHOP registration EXTENDED! DO IT NOW! We have...

Attaching wheels to wiper motors
I have two trico wiper motors, both with a short threaded shaft. Will I have to get an engineering company to make something to attach the wheels with, or is there an "off the shelf" solution? Thanks!...
2
2

PicBasic code for controlling a servo
I'm a PIC newcomer, and having succeeded in getting that LED flashing, I've moved on to a servo. I'm having a little trouble with that - it seems I can only make the servo move toward one of its...
3
3

bipad robot info
hello group, i heard a type of robot whose name is pronounced like "bipad robot". could you please give some information about it, what is its real name, where it can be used, is there any resources i...
3
3

RC Time constant formulas
Ive bin using the 555 timer IC for years and ive never questioned the formulas. I blindly plug what i need into the formula and get the results. Most on this forum are already familiar with the...
8
8

IR Module signal detect
My robot is using a radio shack 38khz IR module and IR leds driven by a 555 timer circuit. It's probably not actually 40khz, but it's close enough that I can see the signal from the module when...
4
4

Aibo Pros and Cons
Hello Everyone, We are currently planning an undergraduate seminar and project on machine learning and robotics, and the main question for us is which robot(s) we should buy for this purpose. One of...
4
4

Re: Found small DC gear motors
ZHAOWEI-- a professional manufacturer of miniature DC planetary reducer mot or! Shenzhen ZhaoWei Machinery & Electric Co., Ltd. is a professional manufactu rer of miniature DC planetary reducer motor....
1
1

New to Robotics. Where should I start?
I'm a doctor of physics and program PC's. Currently I prefer Pascal. What I'm wanting to do is find a reasonably inexpensive motion control I/O card and learn how to use the PC to instruct and control...
12
12

anatomy diagram (exploded view) of a bicycle ?
Hello everyone. I've been tearing apart old discard bicycles to get the 1/2 inch pitch gears and chains, etc. But if I knew what to call certain parts I'm sure I could find better insructions on the...
4
4

Vex or Mindstorms NXT
I have been asked for advice for purchasing a robotics kit for Christmas for some kids. The options seem to be Vex or Mindstroms NXT...which one would you select and why? Thanks TMT TMT: The VEX has...
19
19

Inverse kinematics for a 3DOF robot arm
Hello, I am working on a 3-DOF Robot arm. It is similar to an anthropomorphic robot arm. I need to compute the inverse kinematics of the arm in Matlab. Is there anyone who has already computed an...

Robosapien video from the New York Toy Fair
Solarbotics visited Mark Tilden at the Wow-Wee show room during the 2004 New York City Toy Fair. The Robosapien has been getting very high interest, garnering coverage in both the toy-trade and TIME...
4
4

Robomower vs. sidewalks
I'm very tempted to get a robomower (RL-800), but I'm not sure it's really practical. My main concerns are the narrow areas of my lawn that may require manual mowing, and sidewalks. If I have to drive...
5
5

self aligning/mating shaft coupling
Hi People, I'm looking for a shaft coupling that will automatically align when a removable component is placed onto our unit. (So the shafts can be 'out of phase' while connecting ) At the moment I'm...
3
3

PIC programmer with ICSP
Hi all! In my projects I use PICs of assorted packages, therefore I gave up on the idea of programming them on a programmer and then soldering to the board. Instead, from now on I will provide a...
4
4