Best Rated threads in General Robotics Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unable to re-assemble automatic center punch
Hi All, I took apart my automatic center punch (Lisle p/n 30280) and son of a gun, careful as I was, the parts sprayed everywhere. I'm pretty sure I recovered all the parts, but truth-be-told, I've...
2
2

What microcontroller do the Mars Rovers use?
Hi All, I'm assuming the Mars Rovers use some sort of microcontroller and was wondering if anyone knows exactly which one it is. Thanks, Jim R.
5
5

Electromagnetic noise in simple L293D dc motor circuit + ATMega
Hi, I have some weird noisy behaviour in my circuit and I can't explain it. The setup is very simple: driving a dc motor with a L293D (actually a L293DNE), controlled via an Atmel ATMega32(no PWM,...
5
5

Tasman Turtle Logo-Style robot
Hi, I recently acquired a Tasman Turtle...early 80s Logo-style two wheel turtle robot. (A few pics here to a Robotics Age editorial (May/June, 1983 Vol. 5 No. 3) there was an RS232-C version and an...

rOBOTICS WORKSHOP
Dear Members, Welcome to ROBOmaniacs 2009 (27 and 28 march 2009) at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad! Thanks for your overwhelming response! ! WORKSHOP registration EXTENDED! DO IT NOW! We have...

Attaching wheels to wiper motors
I have two trico wiper motors, both with a short threaded shaft. Will I have to get an engineering company to make something to attach the wheels with, or is there an "off the shelf" solution? Thanks!
2
2

PicBasic code for controlling a servo
I'm a PIC newcomer, and having succeeded in getting that LED flashing, I've moved on to a servo. I'm having a little trouble with that - it seems I can only make the servo move toward one of its...
3
3

bipad robot info
hello group, i heard a type of robot whose name is pronounced like "bipad robot". could you please give some information about it, what is its real name, where it can be used, is there any resources i...
3
3

Broken Robosapien Wanted
I am looking for a Robosapien V1 that can be donated (or obtained for a very reasonable price) for testing. I am trying to test some modifications I have in mind, but do not (yet) want to hack into...

12V Lead acid battery charging problems ...
My son's electric scooter's motor got pooched from harsh element riding, (Canadian winter -- go figure). In any event, I purchased a new motor/controller/throttle assembly, and in testing before I...
4
4

RC Time constant formulas
Ive bin using the 555 timer IC for years and ive never questioned the formulas. I blindly plug what i need into the formula and get the results. Most on this forum are already familiar with the...
8
8

IR Module signal detect
My robot is using a radio shack 38khz IR module and IR leds driven by a 555 timer circuit. It's probably not actually 40khz, but it's close enough that I can see the signal from the module when...
4
4

Aibo Pros and Cons
Hello Everyone, We are currently planning an undergraduate seminar and project on machine learning and robotics, and the main question for us is which robot(s) we should buy for this purpose. One of...
4
4