Where is behavior AI now?

No, "stuck against a flat spot" is not possible.

Alas, that's always the way it is with magic -- much less impressive once you know how the trick is done. I guess the lesson here is that a good magician never reveals his tricks... ;>)

I understand that you have an intuition that the "missing piece" of artificial intelligence has something to do with state, and that the e=mc^2 of robotics may arise from this intuition. Perhaps you are right about this, I don't know. But I do know that this causes you to seek "state" -- even "hidden state" -- as a root principle of all you observe.

Nope. Not needed.

Oops! My bad. Ok, next time for sure

regards, dpa

Reply to
dpa

Not a flat spot then. Hummm... another thought occurs to me.

You know, you take a pencil, and push it into the ground an inch, and it will stand on its tip quite well. By the shape of the ground around the tip, through lateral resistances, it finds balance and stability.

Isn't there some shape if jBot approached it would find a similar support? For instance, if it happened on a parabolic U shape, wouldn't the differential term always favor turning toward the center of the U? Wouldn't it get stuck there? and require some other behavior to escape the stall?

Appologies for being absent at RBNO and contests. Some of my business dealings have turned south and requred attentions consuming all other interests.

Randy

RMDumse