Latest threads in Model rockets forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Save Rocketry Now - Time to participate!
Check out all the cool stuff at sane rocketeer wouldn't want a chance at any of this stuff? Heck, I'd love to have it all for my own, but alas, I have to help give it all away. You want some? Go to by...
10
10

need info on motor tutorial
Guys, Impulse Aerospace used to have a small program that emulated a standard Estes type motor. It was animated and showed the various stages of ignition, burn, coast and ejection. I lost my copy and...
1
1

[adv] Have you HOID about the BOID?!?
Hello All. New from Semroc: The BOID is the WOID! 1 Kit - Over 100 different combinations between nose cones and fins. You never know what you're going to get! Collect them! Trade them! Fly them!...

any hobbyists in hawaii?
Hi all, I was wondering if there are any active model rocketry groups in the state of Hawaii, specifically on the island of Oahu. I'd be interested in joining any local groups. I've made a few rockets...

protecting igniters
Hi, I have recently started dipping my own igniters. I have been using daveyfire or similar low curent electic matche and dipping it in pyrogen, but realized how fragile the cured pyrogen is. Does...
23
23

Launch Rack for Multiple Launch Rods - Rod Spacing
Hi, I am constructing a multi-rod launcher and have the following question. Is there a rule of thumb for how far the rods should be spaced from one another? If I am launching one at a time there is...
2
2

Level 1 Cert Success!
On Saturday, May 7, I got my level 1 certification out at Snow Ranch, California. It was the maiden flight of my scratchbuilt rocket on an AT H128 reload. The airframe was made from a cardboard tube...
5
5

Historic Sugar Rocket Pamphlets on Ebay
Hi Folks: This is to announce that while reorganizing my attic I discovered 3 large boxes of Teleflite's famous pamphlet, "The Incredible Five Cent Sugar Rocket". All copies are new-old stock from the...

BATFe letter 5-2005
Anyone else get a letter last week about the ATF knowing you'd bought some items which could potentially be used/abused? Letter was pretty vague except to say my name had come up during an inspection...
16
16

The Spacearium... Space Exploration News, Features and Multimedia
What's New @ The Spacearium ( Space Shuttle Return To Flight delayed - STS-114 crew successfully conducts countdown rehearsal (with video) - Final Titan rocket flies from Cape Canaveral (with video...

Most efficient vertical flight speed?
I'm writing a simulation to determine the most efficient thrust profile for a rocket to achieve the highest altitude with the least amount of fuel. Given the following: mass (as a function of time)...
39
39

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
An old TRA member showed up at last night's NIRA meeting. He told me an interesting story. Seems he recently decided to get back into HPR, so he went to a local TRA launch, re-joined, and...
198
198

ROL NEWS--Hawk Mountain New Products
Hawk Mountain New Products May 6, 2005 Web posted at: 1:18 PM EDT (ROL Newswire) -- Hawk Mountain has developed an aluminum fin canister for their 4" fiberglass tubing. This is a military grade unit...

ROL NEWS--Apogee Releases RockSim v8 Software
Apogee Releases RockSim v8 Software May 6, 2005 Web posted at: 1:06 PM EDT (ROL Newswire) -- The new RockSim v8 software has been released Apogee Components and it is available for immediate download....
5
5

ROL NEWS--GPSFlight Introduces MobileTrac900
GPSFlight Introduces MobileTrac900 May 6, 2005 Web posted at: 1:00 PM EDT (ROL Newswire) -- GPSFlight is introducing a new product which eliminates the need for a PC in the field to track remote...