[AD] vacuum bag resin infusion

I inspiration in a tutorial on vacuum bag resin infusion at

equipment was pretty simple: only a home built vacuum pot is required in addition to normal vacuum bag equipment.

If your unfamiliar with vacuum bag resin infusion; It lets you dry assemble your rocket (fins, tube, and nose cone), and then using a vacuum, infuse the epoxy into the airframe. The vacuum is further maintained to clamp everything together until cure. Its clean, single step method of gluing an entire rocket together at once.

After a long period of build up, I've gotten around to experimenting with it. You should be able to find a 4meg pdf write up of the experiments in news:\\alt.binaries.model.rockets.

The [AD] part? With a bit of work, you could use this method with any rocket, however the shown upscale Goblin airframe skins are available from Magnum, and can simplify things a bit.

Fly Fast,...

Eric Pearson See you at LDRS

Reply to
Eric Pearson