Best Rated threads in Model rockets forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

El Mirage launch
Wow, what a perfect day out at El Mirage. No clouds, temp in the 80s and absolutely no wind. No WIND. Unbelievable. Hats of to Jerry I and Jeff, two guys without whose help, I don't think I could have...

Wire Mesh Pads (Where to Find?)
Anyone know where to get either wire mesh or curly wire mesh pads like those featured in the last issue of ER to use in an ejection baffle? All I can find are steel wool, which, of course, won't do...
12
12

ITC 213 Ceramic Coating
Has anyone benefited from using ITC213 Ceramic coating on their graphite or metal nozzles? It seems like a good idea to me. ITC213 is especially formulated to protect metals and graphite, including...
5
5

Estes Sweet Vee
Has anyone on this group have experience with the Estes Sweet Vee? Comments, good or bad? Keith
16
16

Balsa Machining Service - Commercial announcement
10/24/03 Please excuse this "crass" commercial announcement, but some may be interested in these new product additions. Balsa Machining Service has just added the following tubes and couplers to its...
1
1

RATT - 4 Motor Cluster - Flight Report
Well I finally quit talking about it and did it. I built a 3 inch rocket in April for clustering RATT Hybrids. The "Better RATT Trap" is a 3 inch airframe that is about 100 inches in length. She is...
8
8

Re: Is this any good? Diamond Peak Sport 10' x 10' Folding Canopy with Wheeled Transport Bag
Whoops, I meant Shopko!! lol Joe Michel > 364.714752.712492&page=2&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1303548
10
10

Re: Micro Maxx Rocket Parts
Andy at ASP Rocketry has al kinds of kewl micro-maxx parts. Upton Model Rocket Kits, Components & Supplies
26
26

What does over stable do to a rocket
I just downloaded the demo version of Rocksim and all my designs are over stable by a caliber or two or three. What does this really mean.
16
16

Shrouds
Anyone have any tips, secrets, etc. for making STRONG paper or cardstock shrouds? Short of fiberglassing, that is. i.e., are there any materials which are superior to plain cardstock; what about...
12
12

Re: South Ga/N. Fl Flyers
Valdosta/Moody AFB GA, whatchaya got goin' on? -- Josh Cowger -- NAR #81069 SR L1 -- Remove the Cookie to reply. Save Model Rocketry from the HSA! -- -- National Association of Rocketry Dedicated to...
11
11

Centuri PNC-10-something... by Estes?
Okay, here goes. According to the 2002 Estes catalog, the MK-109 Stingray (EST 2131), Banshee (EST 2132), AGM-57X Heatseeker (EST 2158), and Bandit (EST 2060) are all 1.0" dia. -- the old Centuri...
6
6

Re: Anybody have experience with the SS67B-3 Liquid Fuel Rocket kit?
Need a liquid rocket that is FLIGHT PROVEN and has service with the sale? Jerry Providing a surprisingly human shopping experience. Trusted and secure. Millions of domains to choose from.
10
10

SAd news, T&A Hobby Lobby in Burbank is shutting down
After what, 55 years at the same location, T&A Hobby Lobby is shutting its doors for good. Tony, the owner is retiring. I don't have al the details but for those of you who never visited this place,...
17
17

Featherweight and Tumble Recovery
The Estes "Model Rocketry Technical Manual" lists Featherweight Recovery and Tumble Recovery as being distinct. What is the difference? Thanks, Dave
9
9

jerry irvine is a lying coward
jerry, did I get your attention? Good. I have a question for you. What was YOUR purpose and intent, when you labeled a 210 pound shipment of rocket motors, as "model aircraft parts"? Be specific.
79
79

Best epoxy for High powered rocket building ?
I've been using the West Systems fast epoxy kit and I have been very happy with the results. Pumps, exact mixing ratio, less mess. But Giant Laep contends AeroPoxy mixed 1 to 1 is better and cheaper....
21
21

Spacecad v Rocksim
So what are the pro's and con's of both of these titles, what makes Spacecad more popular than Rocksim in the UK (if it is), and why do you prefer Rocksim state-side?
7
7

Estes Controller Conversion
Hello, I'm looking for an on-line version of the conversion for the Estes controller where you bypass the battery compartment and add battery cables. I know how to do it, but I'm trying to help...
11
11

Attaching fins to a minimum diameter rocket
Hi, I am going to be building a 2 stage, minimum diameter rocket that is exspected to accelerate between 770 and 896 miles per hour. I am currently lv 1 certified but want to have a 54 mm mount for...
11
11