Best Rated threads in Model rockets forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Estes Hydrogen rocket / not working
My son received one of the Estes Hydrogen rockets as a gift a while back, and we finally got around to trying it yesterday. Everything seemed to function fine, but the rocket wouldn't launch. I'm...
13
13

LEUP for APCP motors.. What about KNO3 motors including sugar?
Please clarify whether the ATF rule for LEUP only applies to APCP motors. How about sugar & KNO3 motors or KNO3 composite motors? I enjoy making my own motors. Can I switch to KNO3 or Ammonium Nitrate...
27
27

jack boots turning up heat on Performance Hobbies
How long has the BATFE been after Performance Hobbies? This sounds serious. Bradtke
6
6

Apogee Recording Altimeter
I'm interested in buying a new altimeter and noticed thge Apogee unit records for up to 5 minutes. ANyone have used one out there ? Dave Ketchledge
16
16

Deployment charges
I've decided to fill in the time between now (mud season) and summer (rainy season) with a small research project. I figured I'd ask folks to point out any obvious flaws in concept or methodology...
7
7

Production dates on Estes BP motors...
This may be a silly question, but does Estes stamp/print production dates on their BP motors? I'm looking at several "numbers" on various motors that I thought were dates, but they do not match what...
3
3

Launcher relay question
Ok, I'm just about to start the build on a 12v relay launcher and I'm running into trouble. In particular the relay unit. I've checked damn everywhere locally and have not been able to locate a...
17
17

Hobby Lobby - Estes Speedometer?
Yesterday evening I stopped at Hobby Lobby to check out their sales (half price on plastic models, wood, and knives). But when checking out the rockets, I noticed something new, the "speed something"....
3
3

Black Powder Ejection at High Altitude
I taped the Discover Channel Rocket Challenge when it aired a year or two ago and still watch it (too often, I'm told). The one thing that really bothers me has to do with the Aurora Project - the use...
5
5

Powerpoxy "Weld"
Hi, Been using an epoxy product called powerpoxy Weld I get at a local Farm King, Just wondering if anyone else has tried it. I've used it for fins, assembly and epoxy fillets. I know West Systems and...

Early Model Rocket Timeline
For the past 3 years I have been collecting information about the early history of model rocketry. I am a firm beleiver that this infomation should not be lost to potential future generations of Model...
17
17

Monogram 1:72 Full Stack Shuttle
Anybody got one in the box they'd be willing to part with? Remove all the zeros to reply. TIA! - tw
14
14

Gap staging and clusters
Ok, my one TARC team I'm mentoring has been having good luck with their gap staging. Now they're going to a cluster design on the booster to increase the accelaration off the pad. Likely they'll still...
16
16

Cesaroni Igniter Replacement
Hello All, Sorry for the dumb question, but at the last launch I left behind a box with 4 igniters that came with the Cesaroni pro38 reloads. I was told not to use a "HOT" igniter to replace the lost...
21
21

News on Aerotech?
What is going on with the whole Aerotech fiasco? The discussion seems to have died out here but the lack of motors continues. Are they in production, coming soon, or still a long way off?
76
76

shelf life of AP motors
I have some Aerotech AP reloads (nothing over "F") that are about 8 years old. Junk? I may donate them to the local Tripoli club in San Diego if they are still useable. Also a bunch of estes BP...
9
9

Re: Need Estes Pro Series Patriot plans
Joe Michel NAR 82797 L2 http://www.dars.org/jimz/est2066.htm http://home.alltel.net/jm44316/
3
3

"Firestarter" propellant formula,...FREE!
Firestarter R45M 20% DOA 6% I143L 2.33% Iron Oxide 0.67% zinc 8% Titanium("chips")9% 400m AP 27% 200m AP 27% Kn=250-400
17
17

Has anybody seen the SBC Yahoo commerical ?
There is an TV add running for my local phone co's internet service. It shows a father researching hobbies on the internet, and he orders a starter rocket kit. The next scene he is out in a field,...
24
24

Estes TOMCAT
Is the ESTES TOMCAT kit still available? or anybody know where I can get one? Thanks
6
6