Estes "shattered" didn't come with metal clip

I bought an Estes "Shattered" E2X kit today. I just finished putting it tog ether and realized that it didn't come with the metal clip that would usual
ly be present to hold the engine. Does this model not need the clip? I woul d think that without it, the plastic on the bottom of the rocket would melt . There is, however, a cap that screws on over the exposed end of the engin e. Perhaps this model doesn't use a clip? Please help as I am joining my mo ther-in-law's 5th grade class tomorrow to shoot some rockets.
On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 7:47:15 PM UTC-5, Daniel Harris wrote:

ogether and realized that it didn't come with the metal clip that would usu ally be present to hold the engine. Does this model not need the clip? I wo uld think that without it, the plastic on the bottom of the rocket would me lt. There is, however, a cap that screws on over the exposed end of the eng ine. Perhaps this model doesn't use a clip? Please help as I am joining my mother-in-law's 5th grade class tomorrow to shoot some rockets.
Is the metal clip shown in the assembly instructions? If not then it isn't needed.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

Sorry about the too-late reply, but the rockets that use the scew-on motor retainers don't use a clip. I haven't seen any heat damage.