FA: Fun Rockets on eBay!

somebody:

Boeing
Fred Wallace

Jerry Irvine wrote:

http://rspa-atty.dot.gov/appeals/Irvine-app.pdf .
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Was that the fuss where it turned out that they had some paperwork from their competitors such that they knew things they "shouldn't have known" about what they were going to bid and tried to offer a cheaper deal...
That always struck me as weird that such scandal was made of it: as if the gov't didn't care about getting a good price on rockets anywhere near as much as it cared about enforcing the arbitrary protocols of the aerospace corporate welfare game!
-dave w

They are all true. Maybe you shouldn't start something you can't finish.
Phil Stein wrote:

As Ray would say, "care to back that claim with some facts"? ("TRA said so" doesn't count.)

You say that like you think it's a _bad_ thing. (To start with, it's a bloody ambiguous accusation, considering that ATF regulation itself is "not complying with ATF regulations".)
And why are you defending _their_ side? This suggests that your thought processes are infected with notions that go something like "they're from the government: that implies they're the Good Guys".
How childishly naive. Anyone from the government deserves _extra_ suspicion, not some sort of automatic presumption of virtue. _Especially_ in These Perilous Times [tm], with the freaking Feds acting like the 9/11 incident meant they got to just take _back_ all the respect they spent years squandering on the Cold War, the War on Vietnam, the War on Drugs, etc...
-dave w
On Thu, 12 May 2005 06:41:46 GMT, David Weinshenker

Welcome back. 8-)

Phil no comprende.

Yeah sure that's right Jerry. Why don't you explain it?
So far we know you've underestimated DOT, TRA and your biz partners we all see how well that worked. Who will be the next one to take you to school? Me or maybe ATF?
BTW, have any Feds contacted you yet this month?
Phil Stein wrote:

They can't find the rat hole..
On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:02:26 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

They found Sadam in one so there's always hope for Jerry. 8-)
Phil Stein wrote:

Yea, I can just hear his response when the find him: "My name is BIG FINE and I want to negotiate"(:-)
On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:35:51 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

Then -
Since you want to negotiate, what is your position?
I'm a consultant.
You said you were the manager.
I was the manager. Now I'm a consultant. A consultant is like a manager.
How many people work here?
Less that two.
Are you one of them?
Well that depends.

I think I'll steal this for my random .sig file...
"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life."
Bob Kaplow wrote:

OK by me...
-dave w

I've had good success with RTF kits. Now that I know how bad the shock cords are, I always cut them and replace with a longer and stronger cord. They work fine, even with the Estes paper-fold type mount. I've *never* had a problem with motor retention with an RTF kit, so I don't see that as being a problem at ALL...
Eldred
well, I can see some mixed comments here, so I'll add mine.
I first saw fun rockets at a craft store, and picked two up. while I had apprehensions about them being stryrofoam, they was cheap.
I later bought one of the assortment kits off of ebay, and ended up giving them out as prizes at our end-of-year club party.
while not the best rockets out there. the prices I got them for were good.
hope you can get something for them Doug, and are able to pool enough resources to start going again. (I have the auctions on my watch list, and still may bid)
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)