Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

somebody:

Boeing

Fred Wallace

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

W. E. Fred Wallace

Was that the fuss where it turned out that they had some paperwork from their competitors such that they knew things they "shouldn't have known" about what they were going to bid and tried to offer a cheaper deal...

That always struck me as weird that such scandal was made of it: as if the gov't didn't care about getting a good price on rockets anywhere near as much as it cared about enforcing the arbitrary protocols of the aerospace corporate welfare game!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

As Ray would say, "care to back that claim with some facts"? ("TRA said so" doesn't count.)

You say that like you think it's a _bad_ thing. (To start with, it's a bloody ambiguous accusation, considering that ATF regulation itself is "not complying with ATF regulations".)

And why are you defending _their_ side? This suggests that your thought processes are infected with notions that go something like "they're from the government: that implies they're the Good Guys".

How childishly naive. Anyone from the government deserves _extra_ suspicion, not some sort of automatic presumption of virtue. _Especially_ in These Perilous Times [tm], with the freaking Feds acting like the 9/11 incident meant they got to just take _back_ all the respect they spent years squandering on the Cold War, the War on Vietnam, the War on Drugs, etc...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I've had good success with RTF kits. Now that I know how bad the shock cords are, I always cut them and replace with a longer and stronger cord. They work fine, even with the Estes paper-fold type mount. I've *never* had a problem with motor retention with an RTF kit, so I don't see that as being a problem at ALL...

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

Welcome back. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Phil no comprende.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think I'll steal this for my random .sig file...

Bob Kaplow

Yeah sure that's right Jerry. Why don't you explain it?

So far we know you've underestimated DOT, TRA and your biz partners we all see how well that worked. Who will be the next one to take you to school? Me or maybe ATF?

BTW, have any Feds contacted you yet this month?

Reply to
Phil Stein

They can't find the rat hole..

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

They found Sadam in one so there's always hope for Jerry. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yea, I can just hear his response when the find him: "My name is BIG FINE and I want to negotiate"(:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Then -

Since you want to negotiate, what is your position?

I'm a consultant.

You said you were the manager.

I was the manager. Now I'm a consultant. A consultant is like a manager.

How many people work here?

Less that two.

Are you one of them?

Well that depends.