FS: Estes Blast-Off Pack and 2 3-packs of rocket engines

ebay yanked my auctions for these, even though I saw other auctions that had been "successful" for the same items. I'd like to get what I paid for them
(plus shipping) but will entertain other offers, all are new...
Estes Blast-Off Pack with 6 - A8-3, 6 - B6-4, 6 - C6-3, 6 - C6-5, 30 igniters, 24 plugs, recovery wadding $30 Estes C6-5 engine 3-pack $4 Estes B6-4 engine 3-pack $4 Estes Super Shot Mini Model Rocket Starter Set 1431 $7
mjsputnik -at- charter -dot- net

Probably because it is illegal for you to ship these. Shipping of model rocket motors is a nightmare, and pretty much possible only for regular HAZMAT shippers. Probably the next regulatory front we need to address after we knock off the BATFE garbage. Unless something else blows up in our faces :-(
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Random thought that just went through my mind -- as I understand it, TRA was formed as a 'corporation' to allow the 'members of the corporation' to get around the legal problems surrounding HPR.
In much the same way, isn't there some method similar to this that 'members of the corporation' would be able to ship hazmat items such as model rocket motors? I realize there's more to it than just thus, but perhaps someone who knows more about these things could chime in...
David Erbas-White
Nice thought, but there is no such legal concept as "members of a corporation". There are principals and employees, and there are subscribers or members. The subscribers or members or whatever are not entitled to act as the corporation (any more than a member of Sam's Club can purchase wholesale from Sam's suppliers).
-- David

There sure is. You can go through whatever process UPS wants for HAZMAT shippers. I'm sure that one of the legitimate dealers that ship UPS hazmat can tell you what that involves.
Or you can do the same with the USPS. The instructions are on the NAR web site, somewhere in the filing cabinet.
Neither will be worth bothering with unless you intend to ship a LOT of rocket motors...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
People who exercise their embryonic freedom day after day, little by little, expand that freedom. People who do not will find that it withers until they are literally "being lived." They are acting out scripts written by parents, associates, and society. --Stephen R. Covey
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Yes, I've read through that, and am familiar with it, and that's why I don't mail motors. However, what are the possibilities of (for example) Estes listing NAR as an authorized 'distributor', and then NAR members (who can prove they are 'part of the NAR distributor') are then able to ship motors. Is this allowable? If not, would it be allowable with some minor changes? For example, a 'certification' on your NAR card that shows you're one of the 'allowed individuals'?
Just a thought.

And that's my point -- I'm trying to find a legal way to allow users to send small quantities of motors to each other. I don't know whether you're being intentionally argumentative or just don't get my point...
David Erbas-White

There currently isn't a way to do this. And that's MY point.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972

Problem is, if a member shipped product under this authorisation, who or what happens when he ships the product the wrong way or if you ship say a J600 as a 30 gram grain mod rock ?
If a real company, you get a fine or can send the empolyee to training. but a member ?
Sounds like trouble to me, and I'm generally open to most things.
Have you seen the labelling required to ship motors?
Do you honestly think the average American could comply with those labelling requirements?
By "Average American" I mean go down to K-mart/Wal-Mart and look around you.
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
mjsputnik -at- charter -dot- net
writes:

had
them
after
faces
(yet)! <<<

www.nar.org
http://www.nar.org/pdf/shipping_rocket_motors.pdf
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
writes:

They were wrong.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

No, Bob, they told him to write "Model Aircraft Parts" on the box...
-Kevin
On 17 Jul 2005 06:52:03 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I think you are allowed to ship motors back to the manufacturer that way, because the manufacturer has all the hazmat shipping permits and paperwork.
Alan

Well, you can't just send a box of motors back to Estes. You have to contact them and have them send you a label that has references to the permits and has an appropriate warning sign that you affix to the box.
Roy nar12605 (once sent a boatload of thermal-cycled motors -- all the ones we used were blowing -- back to Mary Roberts so she could have them examined)
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:03:57 GMT, "Roy Green"

Correct. My point was that it can be done, as above. An individidual may even remember doing it, but forgot or neglected to mention the specifics.
Alan

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Or first.