God bless Ronald Reagan

The French on the other hand have really helped us at times and we defile them regularly :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chad L. Ellis

Myth

Reply to
RayDunakin

Bullshit!

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Aloha Ray, I am not sure it is a myth. I cannot say it is fact either, but I have seen it reported on several documentaries.

Take Care, Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

OK

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Ahh, thank ya much. It'll keep my fingers from moving too much. 8

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I'm not gonna rehash the mess, but I will call my neighbor an idiot and see what he says. 8

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

OK

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

This is also true..... both counts. : )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I guess that kills the troll posters that call me a 100% liar :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Uhhh... when? Ok, there was their self-serving and seriosuly late assistance in the Revolutionary War, and when that Corsican feller took over France he sold us a good chunk of what would become the US... but since then... what?

OK, maybe they'll take Michael Moore off our hands, that'll be a service...

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Reply to
Michael Mackay-Blair

Naw, no regrets there. The only thing that is regretted is that Lockheed hasn't sued his ass for slander and libel.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Nor will I

Reply to
Reece Talley

I was thinking more along the lines of douchebag.

Reply to
fishhead

No, it was Ike who sent the first "Advicers" to Vietnam, HE started the deal. Better read your History.

Reply to
Starlord

well said, exactly what I have been thinking lately... note to RMR naysayers - yer all selfish ignoramuses.

whatever he was in active life, I think his death is a relief. if you've ever known an Alzhiemers' patient you know what I mean.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Oh I hate to correct you but actually, the first US military advisors were dropped into Vietnam in the spring of 1945 in an attempt to build up the Viet Minh and the anti-japanese resistance. Later, when Truman decided to back the French demand for recontrol over their former colony (1946), we began pouring a million dollars a month into Indochina and the French bid to demolish the Viet Minh. I read my history:)

Reply to
Reece Talley

Better read some more history. US involvement in Vietnam began under Truman when he provided assistance to the French in restoring colonial rule.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll