God bless Ronald Reagan

Yes, the French have helped the US. But it's been a very long time since they have provided that help and they have been a significant irritant since.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Nobody is *defiling* the French. Except, of course, the French.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Yes, the French have helped the US. But it's been a very long time since they have provided that help and they have been a significant irritant since.

Yeah, how dare those guys say what they really think instead of bending over to bush. Don't they know that freedom of speech only applies to people supporting the bushs policies? Bastards.

Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

It began long before Bush.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Who aren't politically unpopular?

The French government will actually arrest people for making movies that are simply stupid.

And people bitch about the Patriot Act? Please.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

How do you know we're right and they're wrong? (When the French, the Germans, _and_ the Russians agree on something, maybe we should listen a bit better, perhaps?)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Freedom of speech gives people the right to say and think things that are wrong.

- Ray Dunakin

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I bitch about both :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Dave, Nicely put.

Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

Listen better, yes. Listen to to sound of raging corruption emanating from Europe.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Yeah, they got a lot of practice with WW1 and WW2.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm just glad they never passed any laws as a result of the attack on the USS Cole.

- Rick "Thinly sliced cabbage" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

They would have if they could have thought of any.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Not to mention the fact that the HS threat levels sound just like the pollution alert levels :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I can't comment on Megan's law; I don't know the details. But the Amber alert system is simply the utilization of technology readily at our disposal. If a kidnapping crime is reported, it is immediately broadcast over the radio (et al) much like weather warnings.

We've had instances here in Texas where folks were able to spot the perp's car and call it in on their cell phones. I think it's an awesome system.

(BTW, Woody, to clear things up, it originated in Texas.)

DOug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Ya.. I did look it up after I posted. It's Texas.. There's expanding Amber Alerts here so that individuals can get email/cell phone calls. From what I hear on the news, it's somehow related to the location it occurred, and where cell phone users are (based on what "cell" you're in). That way they can contact cell phone folks (that sign up) right in the area first and expand outward as time goes by

Reply to
AZ Woody

I don't give a flying fig what those pinkos think, especially since some (possibly all three) of them were making secret deals with Iraq.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Sometime before THEY went to Viet Nam, like around 1776.

True.

Oh they have freedom of speech. They spoke volumes about where they stood as an ally to the U.S. when they refused to allow our fighters to cross their air space out of fear of what Kadfy Duck would think. Gutless wonders, the lot of them.

Agreed.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

None taken but I remember when and why well, just not quite sure about the air craft or number of other units involved.

I believe that's totally accurate.

Correct again, one such unit was the 117th ANG recon wing from right here in Birmingham. The 117th is now arefueling wing using KC-135's. There were several other units there as well but I do not remember which ones or what they flew, except it was bombers. My dad and 1 uncle completed their commitments to the regular Air Force during the Berlin Crisis at that base. They were quite proud that they could scramble all of their planes, whatever they were and have them in the air in less than 3 minutes. Something like over 100. Don't know how many runways they used to do that but it would have to be impressive, even today.

I would tend to agree with that logic now but what about back then? Could have been simply conventional bombers or perhaps the French weren't aware of the weapons being used? Now that you mention it, I wonder what the U.S. allowed at that time, of other nations to inspect on U.S. base, their country or not. Since I don't remember him saying a specific mileage, I do not know the real distance they penetrated, only that they did indeed go into Russia. Deep into Russia was his term.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

In CA we have large freeway signs that are message boards (see movie "L.A. Story"). They post the Amber Alerts there and have recovered many kids when other motorists spotted the suspect auto.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter