OT - For those that like political discussion on rmr - you can even discuss religion with this one

What can I say? I was bored. Some people can't help getting caught in the net. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Same here as it's always warm enough to go down to the crick.

; )

Randy

<randyolb

Yea. They proved that on The Simpsons. Remember the 3 eyed fish?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Not sure about that. Since I had kids, it has occured to me (several times) that you become your parents. Only question is weather you evolved to that state or you were born that way and never realized it.

Reply to
Phil Stein

The crick freezes here so we have to use water heaters and indoor plumbing. ;-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

I think we are mutating ourselves with all this wirless rf stuff... we will become borg.... we will assimilate ourselves.. there will be no resistance..

shockie B )

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Bugs had both tan, and green genes. Some bugs had dominant green genes, and some bugs had dominant tan genes. Grass dies. Green bugs (with the dominant green gene) get eaten. Tan bugs (with the dominant tan gene) survive. Over several generations, tan bugs reproduce like nobody's business. Every once in a while, a bug with a dominant green gene is produced through the activities of these amorous insects. It is promptly eaten. Green gene is watered down in the gene pool through successive generations until it withers away completely.

Disappears. Gone. Bye.

Fin.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Yeah, that's what I heard about PA. Too bad. Here in Ohio, we're "genetically clean"... No need for cricks...

Besides, we set ours on fire back in the 60's...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

No, A single celled organism evolved into another single celled organism, eventually evolving eventually into a multi celled organism, still not human. At that point, both single cell and multi cell organisms would exist and their similarities would be great, but You still would not have "human beings".

Yes, it is amazing how much can happen in 3.5 billion years

3.5 billion years.

Do You really think that happened overnight?

Extinct species, far outnumber existing species.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Does everybody in Your family look the same? Do They all have the same color eyes? Do they have the same hair color? Are they all the same height and weight?

How did Your family change their appearance?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Not if You're a platypuss!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You forgot about Tamacco!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

That is only partly true. Pennsylvanians simply bottle their smell, and export it to other states in bottles labeled "beer".

Reply to
Me

Dave, allow me to offer more proof of your solid logic to Dan the man.

Pops = 5' 10" brown eyes, medium build, brown hair, requires vision correction and pasty white skin

Ma = 5' 8" blue eyes, slim, brown hair, requires corrected vision and dark/red skin(read as native)

Sis = 5' 10" brown eyes, slim, corrected vision and pasty white skin

Brutha = 6' 2" brown eyes, blonde hair, large build, NEVER needed corrected vision(me envious), pasty white skin

Me = 5' 11" green eyes, medium build, legally blind(cannot even walk with out goggles), zero hair :) and dark skinned.

The common denominator in the Novak clan....ALL of us have been in trouble at one time or another for being goofy bastards :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

We also do that with urine.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Tomacco.

Blinky the fish. I saw him on a rear window decal on a car yesterday. he would have been better on a classic T-Bird (turn signals blinked like him).

Fred Shecter

Perfect example that the exact same words can express the diametric opposite concepts - and i see this argument a lot from creationists!

The sequence of random events ARE exactly and only those necessary to create the species. The fallacy is that the result was intended, desired, or even important. It's just the inevitable result of the events that DID happen.

Executive summary: No design work necessary. Random events will, in time, produce Shakespere. Natural selection just speeds up the timeframe.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Evolution itself is an example of beneficial mutation, Tai! [:>0

Reply to
bob352

Evolution itself is an example of beneficial mutation, Tai! [:>0

Reply to
bob352

Found it!

Bob Kaplow