OT: Galactica series greenlighted

Who?

(I don't care for the whole "Arwin" thing, either, but I still enjoyed the movies)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Translation:

"No I didn't watch it, but I just KNOW it was bad, because I don't like the approach they're taking and I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears, and yell 'NEENER NEENER, NEEEEEENER!" until they make it go away!

"Furthermore, even though I haven't watched it, I am an EXPERT on just how bad it was and just because you actually watched it doesn't mean DIDDLY, you are FULL OF CRAP if you liked it."

Reply to
BB

Correction - Starbuck and BOOMER were females. Apollo just had problems with daddy Adama. ;-)

I still don't understand how you can disapprove of a show that you haven't actualy seen. It's just another form of prejudice that so many people here rail aganst. :-)

Guess I'm not a TRUE fan, then...

Reply to
Len Lekx

Ummm... Crusade put out about fifteen episodes before it got killed. Shame, too - since it was just starting to get interesting. ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

The skit with Shatner at a convention, is one of the all time best SNL skits ever done. Any real Star Trek fan needs to see it at least once.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Sorry, I never made it to the point in the books where I got to see her name written. I just googled it and saw it's Arwen.

Somehow, I just never managed to get into the books. I'm a big fan of Lewis and Williams, but Tolkein's writing bores me. Him and Mitchner.

The movies were great.

Zooty

(Am I the only one who thought Mitchner's _Space_ was just a poorly done fictionalization of _The Right Stuff_?)

Reply to
zoot

I used to have a tape of the SNL skit on a blooper reel I got at a convention. I'd use it when doing lectures to Public Safety people. It seems a Star Trek fan/firefighter got real offended and destroyed my tape.

His fire company tried to burn down the fire house for insurance money. When they failed, they tried again.

I don't remember his name or what he looks like. I can't tell you if he's one of the ones facing arson charges.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

That is the problem. If you blink, you will miss any reference to her (3 in total, I believe I read somewhere). And as an aside, I HATE my spell checker. The add button is right next to the change button, so in my haste I end up adding misspeelled wordses to my dictionary.

Started reading Tolkein when I was just a wee lad, and have enjoyed it since. Don't care for Mitchner, though.

On this we can certainly agree.

Dunno. Never read it.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

I wonder if he was one of the fans in the skit, that was still living in his parents basement. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy